cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Devil's canyon UT

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think this map as shown on recreation.gov is wrong. I think the sites on the right side of the loop are all even numbers, and shown on the wrong side of the road.

I just spoke with a forest service gal who claims it's correct (that conversation didn't end well) and getting through to recreation.gov is near impossible. Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge of this campground?

"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
19 REPLIES 19

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks Gary, but I've seen that.

The problem is the numbers are on the wrong side, which makes it very confusing if you want a site on a particular side.

You can check me out on this if you would.....Notice how google maps shows all the sites on the east side of the road are pull throughs, and all the ones on the west are back ins. That doesn't jive with the placement of the numbers. For instance, site 11, on the east side, shows as a back-in on the reservation site.

GaryUT
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've never been there, I normally look at the satellite view of a new campground to get an idea of the layout.

Devils canyon campground

Then on recreation.gov list all the campsites, it will sometimes include photos of the campsites.

Devils Canyon Campsites

Comparing the photo of the campsite to the satellite view will often clarify things.

Gary
2019 Keystone Laredo 255SRL
2009 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 Crew cab short bed

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
So I guess you're not familiar with it.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Tyler0215 wrote: