cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fort wilderness for the Disney marathon

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone out there a runner? I have signed up for the Disney marathon and decided to stay at FW. I was told all the buses run to and from FW for the event (3 am is when you can start to arrive!!) anyone have experience with this? How reliable they are (again for the marathon specifically) I have used them countless times otherwise.
2017.. Prime Time Avenger. 32QBI

His.. 2011 F-350, King Ranch, 6.2L. Crew Cab, 4x4, 8' bed, SRW, 11,000 GVWR

Hers..2008 Ford Expedition, King Ranch Heavy Duty Tow, 3.73 gears

Sold.. 2005 Star craft, Travel Star 18SB

Sold.. 2013 Keystone Laredo, 291
19 REPLIES 19

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all.. I have been looking around the fort friends website as well.

Tampa Sean... How long are you staying? Since I too am in tampa, I was just gonna drive over early morning, but I didn't want to deal with the traffic. We are staying Friday/Saturday, I wish it could be more, but I have to work Monday. An expensive weekend for sure!
2017.. Prime Time Avenger. 32QBI

His.. 2011 F-350, King Ranch, 6.2L. Crew Cab, 4x4, 8' bed, SRW, 11,000 GVWR

Hers..2008 Ford Expedition, King Ranch Heavy Duty Tow, 3.73 gears

Sold.. 2005 Star craft, Travel Star 18SB

Sold.. 2013 Keystone Laredo, 291

TampaSean
Explorer
Explorer
Have done the 1/2 and will be doing full this Jan (staying at FW). Busses are running very early for the weekend, they are reliable and will get you to the starting area. You just need to make certain you give yourself enough time because a lot of folks use them obviously and there are other delays like...traffic. If things have not changed, you board it at the Settlement Outpost and it makes a stop at Wilderness Lodge...The wait for them after the race can be a bit long but in Disney fashion they somehow move it along.
Sean, Deb, Reagan & Fin
2000 35' Gulf Stream Sun Voyager
V-10 w/ Banks PowerPack
FMCA F403706

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
dblr wrote:
The buses usually run like every 20 minutes, but they might run special buses for the marathon.
Check out this site also for info http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/

I'll second checking out Fort Fiends. There are some that have done the marathon recently and have done good trip reports on them.
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
The Marathon in January starts in the Epcot parking lot, so the buses will take you there. I ran the Food and Wine Half Marathon last November and that one started at ESPN Wide World of Sports. However, we had to go to Epcot (where it ended)and then take another bus to Wide World of Sports.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
The buses usually run like every 20 minutes, but they might run special buses for the marathon.
Check out this site also for info http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.