cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

From Minneapolis to West Glacier , Montana

Brinksongs
Explorer
Explorer
Is is better to take montana hwy 200 across Montana or stay on I-94 as long as possible through Bozeman / Missoula and then north to Kalispell ? We have a 40ft 5th wheel? Thanks for any advice. Mark
5 REPLIES 5

SNOPRO711X
Explorer
Explorer
I have done the I-94 to West Glacier route many times. Last year I drove it again. My route took me off of I-94 at Glendive to MT 200 to MT 24 to Glascow on US 2. U.S. 2 to Glacier.

I was driving by myself so I took my time. After a late start I spent the first night a Fort Abraham Lincoln near Mandan ND. The next night was spent a the Fort Peck dam campsite. The next day I did not want to take a chance on getting into the campground too late to find a good spot so I stopped at the Forest Service campground on US 2 at Maria's Pass.

After our visit to the park we returned to MN via US 189 to Great Falls. At that point I have taken MT 200 back to Glendive but I wanted to see the Little Belt mountains so I headed South on US 89, spent a few days near the summit the headed home via MT 12, MT 3 and I-94.

Enjoy your trip.

avan
Explorer
Explorer
You're welcome. JMO = just my opinion. Currently at Shelby, MT
www.putt10.net

Brinksongs
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks JMO

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Why do you want to stay on I94 as long as possible? I've done the I94 route once and the US2 route 4 or 5 times. Am on US 2 now in Havre MT heading west after being in Minneapolis about 4 weeks ago. All but this trip have been towing a 40' fiver with an International MDT and US 2 is an easier, more relaxing route. JMO
www.putt10.net

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Brinksongs wrote:
Is is better to take montana hwy 200 across Montana or stay on I-94 as long as possible through Bozeman / Missoula and then north to Kalispell ? We have a 40ft 5th wheel? Thanks for any advice. Mark

94 to #2, Glendive to Wolfpoint 2 west to west glacier.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.