Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Glen Maury Park in Virginia?

deborahsheik
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone stayed at this campground?
Insight into the area as a stop over between FL & NJ?
Deborah and Jack
Englewood, Florida
2014 Winnebago Era 70a
AKA "Diva Mobile" ๐Ÿ˜‰
2 REPLIES 2

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
We just made our annual stop at Glen Maury about a month ago on our return north after a winter of traveling. There are two camping areas - the traditional campground is up on top of a hill and is quite wooded. We always stay in the rally field down below - wide open and sunny, and facing the ball field, where there is often an evening softball game for entertainment.

For the train buffs, the Norfolk Southern runs by just across the river.

Within walking distance is Nick's Pizza, which makes an excellent pizza as well as offering other fare in a dining room.

Here are some pix and notes.

Ted H.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed there once. I liked it because from a campsite up on the hill I could watch the trains pass by on the tracks and I love to watch trains.
It seemed there were sort of two areas. When you first drive in there's a big open flat grassy area that had a lot of larger rigs. Up the hill around some twisty roads were some very nice wooded campsites. It's an older park so it might be kind of tight up there for bigger rigs. I have a TC so no problems for me.
We enjoyed out stay, it was early in the year and the park was fairly empty. I don't think the pool was open yet.
Buena Vista is a quaint little town with not much happening. Lexington is nearby with some nice historic places and the Virginia Military Institute.
I was actually just thru there today. I only live about an hour away.