cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grand Canyon June 2022

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone. I put in my vacation days. June 10-July 1 I have off. The goal is see Grand Canyon. Never been there. Son would like couple days in Phoenix. I’d also like to head to California. I grew up in Goleta and would like to show my boys where I grew up. I know it’s pretty ambitious and if time or price of gas nixes California then maybe year after we can fly to west coast for a week. What’s everyone’s thoughts on routes from ne Ohio and what would you stop and see along the way ?
16 REPLIES 16

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
No need to reserve a campsite in or near GC. LOTS of USFS boondocking sites near Tusayan and further away around Williams. Dumps and fresh water are more of a challenge. With a federal park pass you can enter GCNP and use the no cost dump and get water. I’ve never found a no cost dump and fill in Williams but for $10 you can.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
If you haven't already reserved a campsite at the Grand Canyon National Park, I would do it today! I would recommend Trailer Village RV Park - South Rim. It has full hook ups and is right on the parks shuttle routes which you can ride to see all the sites.
Also, if you're planning to take a mule ride down into the canyon, book it today as well. The mule rides are well worth it.
The park and its attractions sell out fast!
2010 Suncruiser