cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Greenbrier campground in Gatlinburg???

gapeachy
Explorer
Explorer
Has anybody been to Greenbrier campground. it is around greenbrier entrance to the state park near the pittman center. It looks online nice and spacious. we want to go Gatlinburg next week but hate staying in the parking lot campgrounds. we usually stay in the park but we want some amenities this time
:W
5 REPLIES 5

Herd_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed there many times, but under the former owners. It was by far our favorite CG, because it most closely resembled a state park CG and it was inexpensive. People either loved or hated Darlene, the former owner. We actually got along very well with her. Having said that, we drove through the CG a few months ago to see what it looked like under the new ownership. All I can say is we could barely even drive through the CG....so many vehicles parked everywhere, etc...It felt nothing like the quiet, remote-feeling CG we had loved. Now, maybe there was a rally or some special event going on, but like I said, it looked and felt like driving through a Walmart parking lot that day. I plan on checking it out again during our next visit to the area, and I'm praying it is much less hectic. We spoke to an employee, and he did say they that had made many improvements to the showerhouse, etc..

The road to the CG (416) is a great route to get to PF and avoid traffic. Also, right across 321 from the CG is the entrance to the Greenbrier portion of the national park, which contains a beautiful stream and several trails, including Porter's Creek and Ramseys Cascades. It's a beautiful area to explore.

Enjoy your trip...hopefully Greenbrier Island CG is still normally a relaxing, outdoorsy CG. I'll personally be watching this thread closely, hoping to read that my visit that one day was the exception.
2017 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21 DS
2007 Dodge 2500 5.9L CTD, 4x4, quad cab

gapeachy
Explorer
Explorer
our stay at the Greenbrier campground was great. clean nice and spacious sites. nice people running the campground. full hookups even wifi that actually worked. some sites near little pigeon river. will definitely visit again

gapeachy
Explorer
Explorer
from looking at the website and reviews it really sounds good. I like the more old campground style camping.

WV_Wanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Spent several five night trips there this year. Campground is under new ownership and management. Great crew and all sites are FH. 50 or 30 amp gravel some with shade. It is like old time camping but with new facilities. No pool but nice stream running all aroumnd the campground since it is on an island.
Say Hello to Courtney the manager.
2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7, Auto 6sd, Prodigy 2 brake control,
Reese dual cam WDH with 1200lb bars.
2008 28ft Dutchman Classic with 20ft slide.
2016 25ft.Ventura Sporttrek

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know anything about the campground, but anywhere around there that you can find a site this time of year I would take.
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK