Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International

GalaxyGirl
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all!
I'm new here 🙂

I am in the process of researching RVs as I will be a full-timer soon. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with bringing your Rv across waters. I would like to have the option of bringing it to Europe, Ireland and even Australia would be fun. I am leaning toward a truck camper but haven't purchased yet, (so may change my mind). Any intercontinental travel experience? Wondering about cost to ship, campground/boondocking access or any other info that you would be willing to share would be appreciated.

GG
16 REPLIES 16

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
If you are intending to have 5 kids along as in your website, your gonna be awful snug in a TC.
As was mentioned above, rentals are likely better for your Non Americas ideas, but for here, take a look at a larger Class C, or even an A.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is done, but the problem you will encounter is access to propane, and electeicity. Most of europe is 220 single phase, whereas were 120 volt single phase. So unless you have a batchmof adapters and a step down transformer you wont have power. Same for propane, they use different fuleing adapters, so access to propane could be a problem. Add the 30 days or so transit times across the ocean might make for a tough situation. You would unless your going to spend months and months in a foreign country you might be better off simply renting.