cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is this still standing???

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone seen this standing on the bluff above the Mississippi River? I saw it many years ago when it was covered, and lit from inside. These pictures were the last time we say it back in about 2009.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

7 REPLIES 7

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
From the google earth view, it looks doable, can't tell about grades, but Kinks and curvs don't seem too bad. However, looks like the road may not bee in too good of a condition, could be a bit rough.

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Johno02 wrote:
For those of us who wander, searching for the many wonders to be seen, this is one that needs to go on the list. As best I remember, it was not a good road to try and take the RV up to, but well worth a side trip. Now, though, as it has been restored, I would like to know if it would be accessable with the RV.

TRY GOOGLE EARTH AND RESEARCH THE ROAD CONDITION.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
For those of us who wander, searching for the many wonders to be seen, this is one that needs to go on the list. As best I remember, it was not a good road to try and take the RV up to, but well worth a side trip. Now, though, as it has been restored, I would like to know if it would be accessable with the RV.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
That looks like a cool side trip. Thanks. :C

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
A simple search on the internet and there it was. Thanks Johno02!

I watched the "History" video. What an interesting and heart-felt warm story! Click here.

Y-Guy
Bald Knob Cross Website

Seems like the state of disrepair is no longer now that the legal challenge has been settled.

Cross after Restoration

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
The wonders of Google! It is Bald Knob Cross, located in lower Illinois. Apparently it has been restored, and is an active site again.