cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

James Floyd SP, Ga.

TeamCyBo
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back from one of our favorite campgrounds, James "Sloppy" Floyd State Park in Summerville, GA. This is site 4. This is a smaller SP and has only 25 sites. Very quiet and friendly.

2007 Ford Expedition, 2014 Outback 316RL Diamond Edition.
Me, My Honey Cyndie and the kids (4 Poms) Baxter, Molly, Zoe and Nikko.
14 REPLIES 14

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
Gordonia-Alatamaha and Little Ocmulgee also have some FHU sites. A lot of the Georgia state parks do have 50 amp sites. Most of those that don't have the double 30 plugs, that with a double pigtail box will give you enough amps to run 2 AC units.
We also get Friends of Georgia State Parks pass.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

TeamCyBo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Magnus, will do ๐Ÿ™‚

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
TeamCyBo wrote:
Yes magnusfide we have a yearly pass and do a lot of SP camping. I didn't mean to imply that all GA SP are without FHU's. We have just not found any yet. Which ones do you know about?

Off the to top of my head Unicoi; Skidaway; and Hard Labor if I'm remembering correctly. Other of the GSPs are also due to have some installed but don't have that list. If you do a search at the gastateparks.org website they may turn up some others.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
unicoi has some sewer sites and the newest park, Don Carter SP has grey water dump at each site. It's basically a french drain with an aluminum bucket dug in the ground with holes drilled in it, and charcoal in it to stop any odors. They tell you to just leave your valve open so it can drain freely. i would not do a full tank drain due to the sheer volume that comes out so just make sure your tank is empty before checking into your site. Great idea that I wish all Ga SP would implement. Not costly and simple to do, but so far the powers that be are silent.

TeamCyBo
Explorer
Explorer
Yes magnusfide we have a yearly pass and do a lot of SP camping. I didn't mean to imply that all GA SP are without FHU's. We have just not found any yet. Which ones do you know about?

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
TeamCyBo wrote:
No, unfortunately the Ga. SP's do not have sewer. I prefer having full hook ups but the area makes up for that. Very nice park and the dump station isn't far. I just hook the Thetford up to the Expy and tow it up there. No problem.

NOTE: some Ga State Parks do offer FHUs.
jaycocamprs wrote:
Yes, the $5 "parking fee" is still charged once per visit.

Those with a Friends of Ga State Parks membership get a parking tag that's good for endless visits. The membership is a good deal especially if do a lot of camping/visits to Ga State Parks, train rides, historic centers, etc. it also provides discounts on shop merchandise. FOGSP info here http://friendsofgastateparks.org/
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

tstryk
Explorer
Explorer
This is where I think Alabama State Parks excel. Most are 50 amp service with sewer. Florida is about like Georgia - no sewer and mostly 30 amp. Sad that it is hard to camp in my own state.
2006 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40PDQ
2014 Ford Fiesta frog
Tucker the schnauzer, Buddy and Cooper the labs

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the $5 "parking fee" is still charged once per visit.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Does Georgia still charge the EXTRA $5 per day park use fee?
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

TeamCyBo
Explorer
Explorer
No, unfortunately the Ga. SP's do not have sewer. I prefer having full hook ups but the area makes up for that. Very nice park and the dump station isn't far. I just hook the Thetford up to the Expy and tow it up there. No problem.

tstryk
Explorer
Explorer
does it have sewer?
2014 Ford Fiesta frog

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the HT. We're going to have go visit this one!

Magnus

TeamCyBo
Explorer
Explorer
No it actually doesn't. But it does have "2" 30 amp plugs so an adapter box or "Y" will work fine. We actually thought that they did and because the new Outback is a 50 amp, I talked to the host who directed me where to get the adapter. I did and everything worked great.

tstryk
Explorer
Explorer
I love how this looks - does it have sewer/50 amp?
2014 Ford Fiesta frog