cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for campground close to naples florida

Domromer
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I would like to tent camp close to Naples Florida. I'm not having much luck finding any campgrounds close to the beach. We are just in a tent so hookups aren't important. We pan to spend most of out time at the beach sailing our kayaks...any ideas? County parks or private campgrounds that would put us close to the beach?

Thanks,
Dom
6 REPLIES 6

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Bears Den wrote:
In Naples area is Collier Seminole State Park, while not right on the beach it is on a back bay which is great kayaking and will take you out to the Gulf. It is off US 41 and a little south of State Road 951 going onto Marco Island. Koreshan State Park also off US 41 in Estero just north of Naples is on the Estero River and also is great kayaking and will take you out to the back bays. I have lived in this area for 30 yrs and beg to differ with the fact that it is all high rises. There are plenty of areas with natural beauty and great kayaking you just have to get out of the concrete jungle. By the way I kayak and am speaking from experience. Both parks have a place to launch your kayaks.

X2 from a former resident of Naples for 33 years.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a full listing of RV Parks, Private Parks, etc. Full of reviews:

Naples Florida RV Resorts & Less Expensive Options! - 13 Located There

Bonita Springs is also approx 18 miles away.

Bonita Springs RV & Private Parks Listings - 3 Listed There

And don't forget about Sanibel, Florida - 1 Listed There

Sanibel Florida RV & Tenting Sites

These choices should be enough to narrow it down to 1 or 2!

Enjoy your trip!

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
In Naples area is Collier Seminole State Park, while not right on the beach it is on a back bay which is great kayaking and will take you out to the Gulf. It is off US 41 and a little south of State Road 951 going onto Marco Island. Koreshan State Park also off US 41 in Estero just north of Naples is on the Estero River and also is great kayaking and will take you out to the back bays. I have lived in this area for 30 yrs and beg to differ with the fact that it is all high rises. There are plenty of areas with natural beauty and great kayaking you just have to get out of the concrete jungle. By the way I kayak and am speaking from experience. Both parks have a place to launch your kayaks.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
If the area on the Atlantic from Miami to Boca Raton is considered the Gold Coast, the area from Naples to Bonita Springs on the Gulf would have to be called the Platinum Coast. The beaches are lined with high rise hotels and condos. Streets and Trips shows 9 CGs within 10 miles of Naples and they all have the word "resort" in their names.
I have a friend that lives there. He's a certified Cordon Bleu Executive Chef. He makes a REALLY good living catering private dinner parties for the people that live in those high rise condos during the winter.
I'd recommend about 100 miles north along the coast from Sarasota to Venice. Same weather. Beautiful beaches, several campgrounds including Myakka River State Park, but it may have limits on length of stay. Its very popular, and has spots reserved for tent camping only, as well as RV/Tent spots.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

botts12
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest Koreshan State Park. Not close to the beach but I have not found any campground close to the beach in Naples.

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Here is one:

Collier Seminole State Park

Hope that helps

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer