Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Baker's Hole CG - West Yellowstone

Planning a short trip up to Yellowstone (only 3hrs from home). I was looking at Baker's Hole, a Forest Service campground just north of West Yellowstone. It is 1st come 1st serve, so I was wondering how difficult it is to find a spot there. I will b...

mesoman7 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Baltimore, Southern Penn. Site Seeing

We're going to spend a week near Baltimore and I'd like suggestions of sites to see around B'more. DW also wants to go up to Lancaster, Pa. and visit the Amish country. Any suggestions welcomed. We've already been to Gettysburg and Washington DC.

lincoln mt

Any recommendations on either a RV Park or campground in Lincoln MT. Want to do some camping and flyfishing during the 1st or 2nd week of Sept. Either a Rv park or a campground that would accomodate my 36 ft 5er.

jgrimes by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Boondocking on a river

I'm looking for some places to camp with my 29' TT right on a good fishing river for free. I want to take the son on a "guys" weekend trip to fly fishing and camp but didn't want to pay for a campground. Does anyone know of any good spots that are ri...

Thousand Trails Webinair

I received a call last night from Thousand Trails wanting to book a telephone conversation about Webinair. They indicated I would need to be on the phone and on the internet to view a presentation. For talking with them for one hour I would get a f...

botts12 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Fort wilderness for the Disney marathon

Anyone out there a runner? I have signed up for the Disney marathon and decided to stay at FW. I was told all the buses run to and from FW for the event (3 am is when you can start to arrive!!) anyone have experience with this? How reliable they are ...

Olympic Peninsula, WA - all NFS sites 21-foot limit?

I'm in the process of planning our summer trip to the Olympic Peninsula in WA (travelling 101 around the peninsula) and I was gutted to see that all the National Forest sites have 21-foot limit. We're 40 feet, so obviously much bigger, but I also kno...

nina_70 by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

Campsite in east columbus or pickerington, ohio

We would appreciate advice on a campground either in Columbus, Ohio or near Pickerington, Ohio. We see there is a koa at buckeye lake, but it is kind of far out. We'd prefer something a little closer in. If anyone knows of a nice one, please tell...

Lake Texoma, Eisenhower State Park

I am trying to make a reservation at Eisenhower State Park for Labor Day weekend. There are sites available, however I am not able to find any photos of any of the campsites. The only sites that can be reserved online are the full hook-up sites which...

Cup_fan by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Benson, AZ January weather question

Thinking about a stopover in Benson this winter. I see that the elevation is around 3100 feet. Went to the Weather Channel and checked out the average temperatures in January. It said the average low was 29 and average high was 63 for the month.Does ...

Groves RV Resort Ft Myers

We have a reservation for the first week of August; having never been south of Destin to camp, or Palmetto for business, we're not sure of what to expect. However, it looks really nice on their site, and has good reviews, If anyone has experience thi...

PA Advice Needed

We hope to travel to Lancaster in October. We'd like to make Lancaster our base camp and take day trips from there going to Hershey and Gettysburg. Also to Philadelphia if possible . Are there bus tours we might could use to take us to Philadelphia...