cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Monument Valley

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
We're just about ready to go, one more question and that's about Monument Valley. We already plan to go to Canyon de Chelley and Navajo National Monument on our way to Valley of the Gods, but I'm reading that Monument has become a pretty big tourist trap. We are not cheap but frugal. So those who have been there, Yea or Nay. Would you go back? Is it worth the $20 bucks to get in and the $35 to camp?
Thanks in advance
17 REPLIES 17

huachuca
Explorer
Explorer
Monument Valley is well worth the cost. I'd boondock in Valley of the Gods unless its rained recently or its predicted to do so.

dedmiston
Absolutely.

You should pad the budget though, because you won't be able to pass up the frybread.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Roy&Lynne wrote:
We're just about ready to go, one more question and that's about Monument Valley. We already plan to go to Canyon de Chelley and Navajo National Monument on our way to Valley of the Gods, but I'm reading that Monument has become a pretty big tourist trap. We are not cheap but frugal. So those who have been there, Yea or Nay. Would you go back? Is it worth the $20 bucks to get in and the $35 to camp?
Thanks in advance

YUP!

Nothing else like it - Say Hi to John Wayne.
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach