cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Morgan Hill/Scott Valley/Santa Cruz Calif.

Bruce_H
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning on visiting the San Francisco/Carmel area for a week in Sept/15 and are planning on staying at Coyote Valley RV Resort in Morgan Hill or at Santa Cruz Ranch RV in Scott Valley.We like the looks and amenities of the Coyote Valley Park,but are concerned about how disruptive the train noise is,during the night? Also any comments on our other choice,as there isn't much for pictures of the actual park on their website?
We will be travelling in a 43 ft MH and like the central location of either park,for travelling the area by car during our stay,but have the concerns as outlined above.
Anyone have any personal experiences in either park,that would care to comment?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Felton is not far from Scotts Valley. We have stayed at Smithwoods several times -- very pleasant.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

JT
Explorer
Explorer
Rollinhome offers good advice re: base camping in two or three different locations for maximum convenience while you visit the area. Your RV park options in Santa Cruz are poor; IMO, the place you mentioned demands serious re-consideration. Coyote Valley is fine, but very pricey, and Morgan Hill is not a convenient location to visit Santa Cruz; better to stay in Felton. Look at RV Park Reviews for listings in Monterey, SF, Santa Cruz, and nearby cities..

haddy1
Explorer
Explorer
Santa Cruz Ranch may be tight (site length)for a 43 footer and as I recall they only have 30amp service. I've stayed there several times and it's an OK place.

We used to live in Santa Cruz and I can tell you that you don't have a lot of choices with a rig over 40 ft.
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH
2018 Grand Cherokee Toad

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure where exactly you are going but, if visiting SF and Monterey I would suggest you stay closer to SF then move to another park closer to Monterey area.
The traffic will be a nightmare from the locations you are asking about.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee