cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need overnight campground in Denver

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
We will be going through Denver this coming weekend. Coming from Moab on I 70, then picking up I 76 coming out of Denver. Looking for a decent campground for an overnight. Using the Good Sam app to search I see 2 Camping Worlds listed and a KOA on the West side. Anything else in that area that would be a good stop over?
Gloria & Tom::R
Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Duramax
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch
17 REPLIES 17

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
The KOA is near Golden.
Looking just a little further out I see Pepper Pod in Hudson. Ratings are mid numbers, looks like it was a KOA at one time?
Gloria & Tom::R
Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Duramax
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
There's not a KOA in Golden. The Denver West KOA is a misnomer, as it's not in Denver, or really all that near Denver. It's actually in Central City. However, it doesn't open until April 24th.

The only places you'll find open, besides Cherry Creek and Chatfield SPs, are two parks in the Golden area that are open year round. One is run by the City of Golden (Clear Creek RV Park) and the other is a private RV park, Dakota West RV Park. H E R E is the rvparkreviews.com site with those two, both rated as good. Clear Creek, in particular, is a hidden gem and should be considered.

ETA: I forgot about one in Wheat Ridge, which is in that same area. Prospect RV Park is also open year round; H E R E is the link to the reviews on that park as well.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
If the KOA is in Golden (west side of Denver) suggest you stay there. I have never stayed there but read it is not bad. i have never found snother stopping place for an overnighter in the area. If military there is Buckley AFB, nice camp ground but not convenient. If an Elks member nice RV park in westminster, but not convenient. If get to Sterling Co, east oF Denver, the RV park there has very low voltage. Chatfield state park and cherry creek are very nice but need more than an overnight stay. Likely couldn't get a reservation there anyway, especially on short notice. Good luck.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler