cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocean Waves reservation confirmed. Couple of ?'s

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
Got the conformation email from Ocean Waves last week.

Is it difficult backing into the sites? (I don't know which site we have). I asked for one on the right side (facing the ocean) so that afternoon sun would be behind us.

Been to OBX twice but just as a refresher what exactly should I prepare for? Wind? Will I be able to grill? Bugs? Places to visit? We have done the lighthouse, lost colony, wright brothers stuff...still will revisit some of those sites.

We would like to head south to Ocrakoke island. What should we see? Do?

Grocery stores? Gas stations? Ice cream?

Thanks.
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
16 REPLIES 16

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Getting in to the sites at Ocean Waves is no problem at all. Also have ressies there for a month with current rig but was there maybe a decade ago with my prior rig - a 40' fifth. I stayed in the northern part of OBX last summer but did drive down to the south end and did drive through Ocean Waves. It'll be a piece of cake for you. Last summer my activities were up around Kill Devil Hills etc so I don't have a to do list for south OBX but I'm sure you won't have any problem staying busy. On the northern side, I did enjoy the fishing ports and I know there are also comm'l fishing boats by the Oregon Inlet. It's a tourist area with zero shortage of grocery stores, fuel, seafood and restaurants and ICE CREAM. Kind of a PITA process to get ressies there at this time of the year.

Garmp1 - I will be arriving from the south and intend to take the ferries. But I will be there in May so I'm thinking it's a bit before real tourist season busyness. Ferries run fairly frequently but I probably will arrive a day early and if I get on the island a day early, I'll just use my old fart pass and stay at the big NP campgrounds for a night.
www.putt10.net

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can't answer you question, but have a question of my own for you. We had planned to visit Ocean Waves but might change our plans. We are from St Louis, MO and had planned to arrive via the southern route, coming from Northern GA. Checked out the ferry info to get to Ocean Waves and it all sounded quite crowded and cumbersome with the possibility of delays. My question is:
How do you plan to arrive at Ocean Waves? From the north? Taking Ferries?
Thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!