cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Place to spend summer

Carolina_Moonsh
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a great RV park to spend the summer- we are in Texas now but would go anywhere for a fun RV park, preferably for senior's with a pool/and or river/lake. Any suggestions? We looked at Texas hill country but would consider anywhere except the AZ desert- too hot! Want a park with monthly rates that aren't super high. Thank you!
20 REPLIES 20

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
I'd look outside Teaxs for the summer! Too hot here , too!
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
I was recently told that the Pueblo South KOA in Colorado City is rated 3rd best KOA in the country. It doesn't surprise me at all. We've stayed there many times over the past five years and the owners and the facilities are great. It's just 20 miles south of Pueblo, another 35 to Colorado Springs & Manitou Springs with the Incline train up to the top of Pikes Peak, Cave of the Winds, Garden of the Gods and if you head west a half day's drive gets you into serious mountain and ski country. Ski towns are still fun in the summer. There's so much to see and do that half of Texas descends on us every summer!
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Carolina Moonshine wrote:
We are looking for a great RV park to spend the summer- we are in Texas now but would go anywhere for a fun RV park, preferably for senior's with a pool/and or river/lake. Any suggestions? We looked at Texas hill country but would consider anywhere except the AZ desert- too hot! Want a park with monthly rates that aren't super high. Thank you!

Know 2 great places. One Raccoone holler in Glendale Springs NC. You will NEVER need AC all summer long. Have a lake

And Holly Cove near Cherokee NC. It's a little warmer, but they do have a pool.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Moved from Forum Technical Support

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Texas Hill Country can get pretty hot in mid-summer.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to consider joining the Escapees.com club. They have several parks, including Texas and AZ for the winter and northern parks for the summer. I especially like Coarsegold CA, near Yosemite NP. It has lots of trees, and very large sites.

I want to get up to Washington and visit those parks as well.

Parts of Arizona are at 7,000 feet elevation, where it does not get to warm in the summer. Just stay out west, the humidity is low, and it will not seem nearly as warm as the east coast!

Good luck,

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com