cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quartzsite 2018

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
I got an email from someone already counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds, until it starts.

Anybody else had enough of this heat?
52 REPLIES 52

MrWizard
love going to "Beer Bellies", good food. music, lots of fun
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder how many more vendors that the town fathers and mothers ran off and wont be back for 2018? Each year I run up from Yuma and there is less and less.

PatrickA51
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I can't imagine being there right now

As hot as it is here (my location) I can not even imagine how hot it would be in the Q right now :S

I will wait until Dec. or Jan.

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
After visiting the "Q" for 5 years in a row, and we will be back in 2018, always during the big RV show in January, I can't wait to go back.... in January. We have found that 2 days and nights are plenty. We usually stay at the Rice Ranch RV park {a large gravel lot with hook ups for $30 something a night - or as we prefer, dry camping for $7 a night}.

What Rice Ranch has to offer is the proverbial... location, location and yes, location. They are located at the southeast corner of 95 and I-10/Kuehn Road which makes the big tent just a few hundred yards away. Quartzsite is a hoot, not to be missed.

Too early to be worrying about the Q, trust me it will be there in all its glory.... with or without you. If you have never been and can easily get there do yourself a favor and make the trip. You may never want to return but until you try it you won't know what your missing. You will find the nicest bunch {OK, a very large bunch}, of folks you ever saw. Lots of silliness and fun. You don't have to go twice but... IMHO: you really need to go at least once.

As always.... Opinions and YMMV.

:C

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can't imagine being there right now
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
There are fields and fields of dry campers out there.

I have heard tho have not seen that there are honey wagons that drive thru those areas, so one would not have to hunt down a dump station.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'll bet that someplace in or around Quartzsite there are RV's that drycamp there during the summer.

I wonder what methods or systems they use to be able to live through that? I'm just curious as to the extreme heat control methods those rare 100 - 120 degree RV boondockers use to stay alive!
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 80s would be a welcome change. Here in E WA it's smoky too. Love the Q in winter.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman