cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rafting and activities near Pipestem West Virginia

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be staying at Pipestem state park for 5 days next August.
My kids are 14, 12, 8.
We'd like to go white water rafting and zip lining. Any suggestions for places to do those activities? It seems like there are several companies in the area. Any to seek out or avoid?
Thanks
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog
3 REPLIES 3

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
KD4UPL wrote:
I've gone rafting with ACE before. It went well and we had a good time. I think they have an extensive recreation area with swimming, zip line, mountain biking, etc.

Thanks. How's the drive? Mapquest gives it 1.5 hours. I wonder if it'd be best to stay at ACE for a day and then move to Pipestem?
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Friends of mine go to the WVA NEW RIVER Gorge area for what they call just right whitewater rafting in a large group every year. They setup camp along the river and when they hit the waters the tent group goes ahead of them many miles and setup camp again. Sometimes they have taken NEW RIVER all the way down into Virginia doing this.

I have no idea if this is near where you are going to or not...

Sounds like fun...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I've gone rafting with ACE before. It went well and we had a good time. I think they have an extensive recreation area with swimming, zip line, mountain biking, etc.