cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Beaver Dam US Forest Service Campground

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Spent a night at Beaver Dam USFS campground each side of a round trip to Texas (2 nights total),

Beaver Dam

Very nice place. Right on the lake. All spots were back in, but they were huge, and very level. Didn't have to level the TT at all.

$15 a night.. can't beat it. I made advanced reservations, and had to pay $9 per reservation on the recreation.gov website, but it was still worth $24 a night.

50 Amp hookup, running water, dump station on the way out.

Beaver Dam campground is just outside of Minden La. It was a nice place for us to stop on our way to Dallas.

I've heard alot about COE and USFS campgrounds. This was our first. If the others are anywhere near this nice, this is the best deal in town.

Mike

EDIT: My mistake, Beaver Dam is actually US Forest Service, not Army COE.
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS
4 REPLIES 4

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
dewey02 wrote:
And for the OP, it is the U.S. Forest Service, not Forestry Service (that name "Forestry" is usually tied to State DNRs, not the national forests.)

You're correct... It was after a long day.

Mike

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
GordonThree wrote:
Walaby wrote:

$15 a night.. can't beat it. I made advanced reservations, and had to pay $9 per reservation on the recreation.gov website, but it was still worth $24 a night.

rec.gov is charging a daily reservation fee now, not just the booking itself? sheesh!

Nah, I just checked. It isn't a daily fee, it is a fee for the entire registration. So if you only stay one day, then yes - it is $24. If you stay a week, that $9 fee is spread over the 7 days.
And for the OP, it is the U.S. Forest Service, not Forestry Service (that name "Forestry" is usually tied to State DNRs, not the national forests.)

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
According to Recreation.gov, US Forestry Service campgrounds charge the reservation fee. This was actually a USFS campground, not COE (my mistake).

Mike

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:

rec.gov is charging a daily reservation fee now, not just the booking itself? sheesh!
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed