cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Park suggestions in Las Vegas, NV

foovay
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I have been living full time in our Class C RV for three years. Recently we moved to Las Vegas, NV in order to get the health care that he needs. What I didn't know then is that NO campground here will allow you to stay with an RV over 10 years old. My RV is a 1975 Dodge Class C. It's very livable, and dependable transportation even, but not the prettiest ever.

We are quiet people who keep to ourselves. We try to leave any place we stay nicer than it was when we moved in. We are drug free. My husband is on full disability and is on in clinic hemodialysis. His new clinic and new doctors are in downtown Las Vegas and we ride the public bus system rather than try to drive a Class C around town. Since we can't seem to find a campground we have had to rent an apartment that costs over 3/4 of our income. We are literally now having to choose, his prescriptions, or the high protein diet he requires to survive on dialysis. Most weeks, I live on one dozen eggs. Two a day. Because he HAS to eat well or die.

Because he worked most of his life, he receives a "good" SSD income, which means that we are not eligible for ANY state assistance.

I am so desperate that I may have to sell our RV soon. Then we will be at risk of being homeless as well as food insecure. Homelessness is a DEATH SENTENCE for my husband.

Please, help me. I desperately need to find a campground or park where we can park our older RV and have a lot rent we can afford. I can not make a deposit either - we are barely living at this point and I don't have a few hundred to spare laying around!

It must be close enough to at least the outskirts of Las Vegas for us to be able to walk to a bus stop so he can get to his dialysis treatments three days a week.

WE ARE NOT TRAILER TRASH OR CRAPPY CRIMINAL PEOPLE. We are simply quiet people who want to have a decent life and keep my husband alive. But I'm not proud, I'll live anywhere if it means he will be able to survive. The RV is not self contained so we cannot go live on BLM, even if there were any close enough to his dialysis.

You're my last hope. I don't want to sell the RV. But I can't afford for us to continue living here.

So far the only park I have found is Midway Trailer Park in Las Vegas, but they are full. They have been telling me for three months they will have an opening soon. Then when the date comes, they do not have an opening. Please help us. Thank you.
14 REPLIES 14

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I do wish there was a slam dunk easy answer. All I can do is wish you the best.
We stay at Sam's Town KOA when in LV but that probably is no help either, sorry.

dedmiston
rwjejits wrote:
Maybe they were removed by Mod?...i dunno.

Nope. I'm just as confused.

Folks here seem to be wishing her the best. She's in a stressful situation though, which can cause unpredictable behavior. I hope nobody holds this against her and hopefully we can continue to provide constructive answers to any more questions she may have.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
foovay wrote:
Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Even the insulting ones that assume I asked here before picking up a phone book or walking into an RV park. Or planning a trip cross country and living in the State Parks and BLM in New Mexico for two years.

I'm not going to be visiting again, so no need for more suggestions.

Please point out the insulting ones!:h
One member said God Bless you and your husband!

All the responses I see are actual attempts to help you.

If that insults you, maybe you dont want any help.

She posted similar threads on at least 2 other web sites, and on each said she was not returning - perhaps she's gone. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

rwjejits
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
foovay wrote:

Even the insulting ones that assume I asked here before picking up a phone book or walking into an RV park. Or planning a trip cross country and living in the State Parks and BLM in New Mexico for two years.

Maybe they were removed by Mod?...i dunno.

Didn't see any as well.
2004 Ford F250 6.0
OEM TTYs Still Tight
210+ and Pulls Great
Original Owner- Lawrence Marshall Ford - Hempsted, Tx. (Closed 2009)
SCT, SG2, Deletes, Pyro, Free Flowing Exhaust, Timbrens, ELC & Filter

2011 Keystone Laredo 245RL

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
foovay wrote:

Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
The Thousand Trails Las Vegas park definitely allows older rigs.

I don't know about seasonal/annual sites there, though.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

foovay
Explorer
Explorer

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed twice at Hitchin' Post, North L.V. Good clean place. Close to Air base, so in daytime lotsa jet noise (which does not bother us).
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

Sue_N_Diz
Explorer
Explorer
God bless you and your husband. Have you looked into a "Mobile Home" or regular "trailer" park? I don't know about LV but there are some here in NM that accept "long-term" RVs and even have a separate area for them. Is it possible for your husband to receive treatment at another facility in a different area?

catkins
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sometimes a current picture and some bio info can get you approval to stay longer term. Can't hurt to ask. 10 year rule is to make sure RVs look decent in their park. Best wishes for success.

foovay
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you both for your time. Main Street Station downtown currently limits your stay time to one week per year. They do not allow any long term stays. Road Runner does not accept rigs more than ten years old. If they have a big website or are listed in Yelp or the Yellow Pages I have called them. I have been looking from Las Vegas in Las Vegas for four and a half months now. I posted at RV forums hoping that someone would know some neat little hole in the wall park that allows older rigs. I have no reason to sit here and lie to you about this rule - it is so pervasive (no rigs over 10 years old) I finally called the City to find out if it was some sort of city ordinance (it is not).

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ivylog wrote:
Mainstreer Station downtown.
2 weeks maximum.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Road Runner RV Park on Boulder Hwy has decent monthly rates.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mainstreer Station downtown.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...