cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Site UP Michigan - Finger Lakes

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
We have been to Michigan several times. Spent more time in lower MI. This year depending on Covid, we are thinking of taking a trip from OK to MO,Iowa,Wis, to the UP MI. Would love some suggestions. We were thinking Leaving around June hoping its not to early for up North. We are retired so no time frame.

We spent time at Walkins Glen - Finger lakes. Suggestions of other places to see and stay around the finger lakes? Thanks
I wanna go where I haven't been, but still wanna see what I've seen again!
18 REPLIES 18

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Another NY SP is Sampson State Park

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you're going thru Wisc to the UP do your self a favor and stop at Little Girls Point County Park. Want to see the great lake? You'll be camped on its shore. Electric only. No water to speak of, nor dump. Gravel sites, no showers, pit toilets. But lovely.

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
While a bit west of the finger lakes, Letchworth State Park is worth a visit. 150 miles southeast of Letchworth is Ricketts Glen State Park in PA. 21 waterfalls along a 7 mile hike.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would wait to go to the UP mid to late July. Still can be cold and rainy earlier than that.
I would stay around Munising. We stayed at Munising Tourist Park Campground right in the lake. They do have lake front sites.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!