cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sleepy Hollar, Jasper, AL

aboeck3
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for reviews of Sleepy Hollar RV park in Jasper, AL. I am looking at it for a place to stop for the night in June. I am driving a 37' Class A with a toad. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Al & Jane - RETIRED
(Nico, Smudge & Boo - Cocker Spaniels)
2017 Winnebago Journey 42E with 2013 Honda CR-V toad & 2 bicycles (just in case)
Dreams Do Come True
4 REPLIES 4

mythree
Explorer
Explorer
I live right outside jasper and I do not think you will want to stay there. I would hit the walmart in Jasper or the home depot across the street. Your welcome to pm me for more info.
1 newborn ds
2 dd
1ds
1 beautiful dw

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed there last Oct. We were coming back from Fl. and had no stop planned for the night, we were just winging it. Pulled into the property and had to climb a very rough gravel and broken asphalt road with very low hanging branches. Pulling our 40' fifth wheel, I had to use 4wd to keep from spinning out. After paying and getting our site, we had to come back down another road to get to the camp site. They said all they had available was a 30 amp site, but paid $45 with Good Sam's Discount. They charged by length, not the services provided. Here is a link to the reviews; http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/alabama/jasper/sleepy-holler-campground

I would find somewhere else to stay if I was to go through there again.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Hiking_Hunter
Explorer
Explorer
It would be just "OK" for an overnight stop. It rates a 5.1 out of 10 on RV Park Reviews. If you don't need necessarily need hookups, there is a Walmart nearby on Hwy 78.

If you're traveling Hwy 78, and want to spend a little time there, the Clear Creek Rec area is much nicer, although it is a little farther off of 78. See the link above for directions.

By-the-way - if you're coming East on Hwy 78 (toward Birmingham), and like good Bar-B-Q, stop at Green Top Bar-B-Q a few miles East of there. 1/2 mile East of the Walker/Jefferson County Line, on the right. Oversize parking on the right side.
Amateur Radio WA4GIY
2015 Montana High Country 305RL
2013 RAM 3500 4x4, crew cab, long bed, 6.7 CTD, Aisin trans.
CGVW 20460 Lbs.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
GOOGLE MAPS reports nine reviews.

SLEEPY HOLLAR REVIEWS

Have driven by the signs off I22 North of Birmingham a couple of times but never stopped to look see...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS