cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So where did you dry camp today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
This is a new thread to document where you recently dry camped in your RV. Please post a pic to two. This should be an interesting thread. Thanks.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
45 REPLIES 45

Eastwacamper
Explorer
Explorer
Great NW site. Nice weather too, it looks like.

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since this is a campground in which I had to pay, included a picnic table and fire pit I would consider this dry camping vs boondocking.

Bull Trout Lake Idaho.

'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

DKeppner
Explorer
Explorer
Lakeside, Twin Lakes Idaho ~12 miles from Preston.
Its not the Destination or the Journey.
Its the Excursion

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eastwacamper wrote:
DJ. Was that shot near Idaho City? We took our old motor home last year to a forest service place I think, just south of Idaho City the weekend they had the salmon festival. Interesting to see the bear. Are they common in that area? Born in Farragut before WWII? Or during or after? I hope we get there again soon. Beautiful place but plum full in summer.

Actually 18 miles north of IC and up Edna Creek. Lots of black bear.

Born in '47. Dad was a civilian accountant for the Navy Base. Military would not take him as he suffered from black lung being a coal miner in West Virginia.
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

Eastwacamper
Explorer
Explorer
DJ. Was that shot near Idaho City? We took our old motor home last year to a forest service place I think, just south of Idaho City the weekend they had the salmon festival. Interesting to see the bear. Are they common in that area? Born in Farragut before WWII? Or during or after? I hope we get there again soon. Beautiful place but plum full in summer.

Less_Stuff
Explorer
Explorer
Nice bear picture DJ.
I like yours better than this one even though my son the tall trooper is pictured. Bears and cars don't mix well.
DG
Former user name: "Lots of Stuff"
2015 RAM 1500 V6 8 speed
Regular cab short bed 2 wheel drive.
Leer 180 Topper

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was born in Farragut!!! A long time ago!!!!!

Here is where I spent last week. Crooked River, north of Idaho City Idaho. The only noise I didn't make was the river behind me!!!

Here is a young Cinnamon Bear seen on one of my rides.

Eastwacamper
Explorer
Explorer
Lots, I'll look for that photo next time we are at Farragut.

Beautiful shots you posted here.

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I've been to Locust Point but didn't recognize the scenery in that shot.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of Stuff, that was a big score -- to get out to the Rainbow Rim without anyone else around!! Judging by the foliage in your photo, it looks like you got there in early to mid May -- after the snow had melted, before Highway 67 opens, and after the grass had sprouted. There are folks who go out there in the winter on cross-country skis, snow-camping right on the edge of the canyon. Too rugged for me, but it sure sounds great.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Less_Stuff
Explorer
Explorer
Mello Mike wrote:
Lots of Stuff, Where was that picture taken at the North Rim?

profdant139 is most likely right I don't know for sure.
The North Rim was closed when I stopped by, but a nice lady at Jacobs Lake gave me a map of dirt roads bypassing the closed roads. 35 miles of dirt road and I was camped all alone and right on the rim. Worth all the dirt roads for sure.
DG
Former user name: "Lots of Stuff"
2015 RAM 1500 V6 8 speed
Regular cab short bed 2 wheel drive.
Leer 180 Topper

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mike, I am going to guess that his picture shows Steamboat Mountain. And I will guess that it was taken from Timp Point in the Rainbow Rim area -- my shot, below, was taken from north of there, near Locust Point, during Recreational Beverage Time:

Here is a shot of the right (i.e., western) shoulder of Steamboat at 5 am -- no beverages, but better lighting:

About our trailer

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of Stuff, Where was that picture taken at the North Rim?
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of Stuff asked, "How's that for showing off?" That's not showing off -- that's called "sharing." You've allowed us to tag along on your adventures! Well done, and thanks.
About our trailer