cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Summer time campground for adults

barnrt
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a campground at which to spend a month or two in the summer. I know of campgrounds that snowbirds go to, that have planned activities. I am looker for one in cool climates. And this would be adult activities, not kids activities. Maybe things like cycling trips, kรกyak trips, hikes and such. Any experiences to share?
8 REPLIES 8

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Country Roads RV Park, Lake Delton, WI. Right next to Wisconsin Dells a huge tourist area. Lots of things to do, a decent outlet mall nearby. Any kids in the park must be accompanied by an adult when on the grounds. Shaded sites, well maintained.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, it is not adult only it is geared toward families. Not mine.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Look at The Village Clinton NY with all the old fart stuff. We stayed there, boy was it nice.

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
Our favorite campground is adult orientated and have a spiring/ summer/fall schedule of activities. If you play golf they also have a 9 hole golf course there with many golfing activities. Its Lake Forest Rv Resort in East Wakefield NH.
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
In my experience, RVers are an independent bunch. I've stayed at RV parks that offered suggestions for things to see and do in the area if you asked, and a couple of places that offered things to do in the CG. Example: The Mt. Rushmore KOA had a bus that took you to and from Mt. Rushmore, a sit down restaurant, pancake breakfasts, and a row of shops that appeared to cater to teenagers.
But Florida tends to draw long term RVers strictly for warm winters. They often return year after year to meet the same people. My parents were RVers, and found a CG on the west coast of Florida and met the same people each year.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

barnrt
Explorer
Explorer
OP here. Thanks for the replys, but maybe I didn't make myself clear. I can find activities in an area. And I can find adult only parks. What I am looking for is parks that have campers staying longer periods of time and at which the campers or management, plan activities for the campers to do as a group. Many snowbird parks do this in the winter in Florida or Texas. I hope there is something equivalent in the summer, not in Florida.

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
start with a google search. there are many 55 + campgrounds ALL across the country.
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
"Cooler climates" is a large area - might help if you narrow it down a bit. In PA we did a kayak trip out of Buttonwood CG in Mexico, PA on the Juniata River. You'll find lots of outfitters along the Delaware River National Recreation Area in northeastern PA. Pennsylvania also has no shortage of rail trails so you'll have no problem finding at least one near a campground. Case in point - we're looking to do the rail trail in Pine Creek Canyon - Potter & Tioga Counties in the northern tier of PA. It will be interesting to see what other responses this post generates.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B