cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Topsail

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Wasn't there a post here earlier about the flooding in Topsail with photos?
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L
19 REPLIES 19

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
car2900 wrote:
Jeff Pratt wrote:
How is Topsail looking now? I have reservations starting on May 10th, assuming they don't get another monster rain, should the site be OK?

Can you get in to Topsail now?

down Weeping Willow. The water has undermined the asphalt and has almost completely destroyed the pavement. They are putting some gravel in the ruts, which isn't very user friendly for bicycle travel so be careful in that area.

Weeping Willow was already messed up the week before and was deeply rutted when we arrived on Easter Sunday. There was some water standing and mud. Dried up after a couple days. They do need to fix it.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

car2900
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff Pratt wrote:
How is Topsail looking now? I have reservations starting on May 10th, assuming they don't get another monster rain, should the site be OK?

Most of the water has gone down at Topsail. Some sites still have water running through them. As of last night water was still draining from above the tent camping area across Pampas Grass Blvd.,down Weeping Willow. The water has undermined the asphalt and has almost completely destroyed the pavement. They are putting some gravel in the ruts, which isn't very user friendly for bicycle travel so be careful in that area.

On the way to the beach you have to go through two large pools of water over ankle deep before you get to the T in the road. Our neighbor watched a Cottonmouth swim across one pool of water in front of her.

Talking to some of the locals, they say they have never seen this amount of rain in such a short period of time, even during a hurricane.

All is well at Topsail but some road repair is in order.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40 AH
2010 Chevy HHR toad
Blue Ox Avail - SMI AF-1

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
No, topsail preserve state park in florida
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
Topsail Island, NC?
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
bzboy wrote:
I got reservations at Topsail in a month. Do you think all that water will be gone by then?

It was probably gone the next day. Its sand and it's just above sea level.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Jeff_Pratt
Explorer
Explorer

bzboy
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
bzboy wrote:
I got reservations at Topsail in a month. Do you think all that water will be gone by then?

As long as it doesn't keep raining until then. It usually takes a couple days for it to recede pretty good.

Thanks. Looking forward to it

mockybird
Explorer
Explorer
The WORK Gods might be at work here.
Gary

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
bzboy wrote:

As long as it doesn't keep raining until then. It usually takes a couple days for it to recede pretty good.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

car2900
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some of the pictures of yesterday. It's 10:30 AM, Thursday, and it is raining again.

Water had gone down some but will probably be two or three days without rain before it is off the roads.

2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40 AH
2010 Chevy HHR toad
Blue Ox Avail - SMI AF-1

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would like to see them. One of our favorite places.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

bzboy
Explorer
Explorer

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
car2900 wrote:
Yep, it was my post. Someone must have not liked it. I don't think I violated any rules.

Guess I won't try that again.

Nope servers crashed. All posts for about half a day were lost.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

AuntEthel
Explorer
Explorer
We were at Topsail last week when they had about 20 hours of steady rain. The newer section roads were under water, didn't notice it getting up to the campers, but I can't imagine that being true after the recent flooding. We have said many times how lucky we were to have been there that week, as we drove through Alabama where so many of the tornados touched down. Topsail is a beautiful campground that we can't wait to visit again. Let's hope everyone was safe and damage wasn't too bad.
Gallivanting with Aunt Ethel