cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Walt Disney/Universal since Covid re-opening

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone been to either of these two Florida parks since the re-opening?

What are the crowds like?

Is it hard to get tickets?

Are all of the rides in all the parks open, or are there many that are still closed due to social distancing?
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation
20 REPLIES 20

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
No I did not realize the article was dated. Ty for point that out.

I still would not place myself in harms way by going now.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
"I love Disney, but I couldn't imagine going to Disney in the summer, even more so during a Pandemic in a state where the virus is running rampant."

I couldn't agree more. Why tempt fate when there are so many other places you could go to properly socially distance.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
We haven't gone, but have friends that are there now. Apparently, it is pretty quiet. We've seen ride lines that are empty. I think they said their longest wait for a ride was maybe 15 minutes.

I love Disney, but I couldn't imagine going to Disney in the summer, even more so during a Pandemic in a state where the virus is running rampant.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't know why anyone would go there, virus on not... but to answer your question, people we know when there last week and reported that there was no one there.... sort of like the Griswalds on Summer Vacation when they visited walley World.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Why put yourself in harms way for a few rides?

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2019/09/23/walt-disney-world-axes-orlando-performers-as...

You do know the article you linked is almost a year old(Sept 2019).

On most of the blogs, they are citing low attendance and low wait times. The biggest issue that has been reported concerns the new reservation system for tickets and entry dates. Do a lot of study of both before making a decision.
As someone who has gone many times over the years, I was surprised that I can still get reservations at the campground(Ft. Wilderness)for many upcoming dates.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Why put yourself in harms way for a few rides?

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2019/09/23/walt-disney-world-axes-orlando-performers-as...
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.