rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
No longer a KOA - local contact said it was sold and now maybe called
Yosemite Gateway (something)
Anybody got better news on this ?
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks
5 REPLIES 5

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
It sure appears to me that it has closed, perhaps permanently. If the ownership was changing names they would have made sure all searches for Mariposa KOA and Yosemite West would point to the new park. They would also be sure to keep the phone number and any other identifiers and it appears the local number is out of service. Even putting in the address in a Google search does not bring up anything other than the old KOA information. The circumstantial evidence sure points to a park that has been permanently closed.
I think the park may have been impacted by recent wildfires and maybe it doesn't make financial sense to rebuild, but rather sell the property off for new usage after collecting any insurance claims related to the fire.

soren
Explorer
Explorer
There are numerous Ex-KOA properties in the lower 48 that do quite well without the need for the branding.Over the last few decades of travel, I have met several CG owners who were counting the days left until they could remove themselves from their KOA franchise agreement, and others that were improving properties to sign on. Who knows, this place may do just fine as an independent?

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
The KOA corporate page makes no mention of the Mid-Pines KOA. Too bad, because it is a nice campground with a nice owner and staff. The location on the bus lines into Yosemite NP was convenient and the pizza was very good.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
PopBeavers wrote:
I searched Google and could not find any info..Any attempt to link to the old page gets a 404 not found message.

I live about an hour from there. Maybe I should go for a ride and check it out.

Thanks
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

PopBeavers
Explorer II
Explorer II
I searched Google and could not find any info..Any attempt to link to the old page gets a 404 not found message.

I live about an hour from there. Maybe I should go for a ride and check it out.
Wayne in Coarsegold near Yosemite
2016 Keystone Cougar 303RLS
2015 Ford F350 diesel 6.7L 4x4 crew cab short bed
Super Glide hitch