2009 Silverado Duramax/Allison
2014 Heartland Sundance XLT 245RL
2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring - Mine
2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring - Wifes

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
WOW!!!! AWESOME!
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eastern Sierra, near Green Creek (about nine miles due north of Tioga Pass), August 2015:

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
G'day Dan. The 'new' address is pretty far along. You haven't checked for a while, eh.....

One thing about the north, finding remote camping places requires about 15 minutes driving in any direstion. And it's just about half that to loose cel service. Which is 'zackly what the Red Head is all about. She's in real estate and the phone just does not stop. She has closed a deal on a house while walking across the Brooklyn Bridge and walking down some funky street in SF.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gary, I noticed a new blog address in your posting -- clicked the link -- congrats on the new blog! And it is great to see you and Sharon out on the road again. That campsite looked very remote -- well done!
About our trailer

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Got off this past weekend, up the Copper River, east of Terrace, 15k's.

If you were to look extra closely you could see the top corner of the rv.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Near John Day Dam, Rufus OR.

Mecca Beach, Salton sea:

Sunset at Mecca Beach:
You don't say how the fishing was!!!
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:

Mecca Beach, Salton sea:

Sunset at Mecca Beach:

We always stop at Sparkys when travelling back and forth to Portland. Great food. If it's late we can sleep in their parking lot and then go in for a huge breakfast in the morning!!
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Your photo truly captures the feeling of boon docking. We camp in a FS CG when family comes with us for resource issues, but this is our preferred method of camping for the peace and solitude.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Late June of 2015 -- this is an attempt to capture what it's like to boondock in a little trailer, many miles from anyone else, tucked under tall trees at the edge of a sagebrush meadow on a breezy evening. The clouds are lit up by the moon:

About our trailer

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer

Mecca Beach, Salton sea:

Sunset at Mecca Beach:
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
Wow! That's a COOL place near Hell's Canyon Dam!!! That area can get very hot in summer. Glad you found this oasis.
Hot???? You think so???? last week it hit 101 on Monday and 105 on Tuesday. Wednesday we went to Baker City and got a companion Honda Generator so we could run the a/c. NEVER again will agree to staying there so late in the spring (early summer)!!!!!!!!

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! That's a COOL place near Hell's Canyon Dam!!! That area can get very hot in summer. Glad you found this oasis.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Have to share these pics..... We were on the Snake River, about 20 miles or so south of Hell's Canyon Dam.....Now THIS is boondocking. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats

jornvango
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm afraid our truck camper would be laying next to the truck if that was me ๐Ÿ™‚