cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bathroom re-do

fulltimedaniel
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to tear out my bathroom "vanity-sink" cabinet and want to replace it with a small one that I can get from Lowes. These come with much better sinks, faucets and more storage. I will also replace the flat mirror mounted on the wall with a real cabinet.

I have already torn out my dinette and sofa sleeper and replaced and rebuilt some of the lost storage and changed to recliners and table and chairs so working on my RV is not something that is unusual.

Has anyone done this? I'd like to hear from those who have. The carpentry and plumbing is no problem for me to handle. But what I'd like to see are some pics and ideas of what you used to replace your existing bathroom vanity and where you purchased it.

Thanks for any input
2 REPLIES 2

bjcarpetguy
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the middle of a remodel. Got rid of the Sleeper sofa, replaced with a pre-built TV Cabinet. The area under the old sofa is our Canned food storage area. Still have some finishing up to do. I replaced the laminate floor I put in a couple years ago with Ceramic. When I pulled the old flooring the bath had some serious rot issues on the floor. The previous owner put vinyl flooring on the shower walls. That is coming out and will probably use 4 x 4 ceramic tiles in place. Will probably have some serious water damage to deal with. May build my own cabinet or buy a pre made and stain it myself. When all done will post pics.

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
Getting my mirror off the wall was a real pain in the rear. Took a heat gun and wooden wedges. Really really hot and pressure. Figured out it was double sided taped on. It was really good quality tape!!!!

Remember whatever you buy has to go through the doors.