cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda eu2000i separate on/off switch

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a eu1000i for many years and now a eu2000i for 2 years, the thing I did/do not like is one can not run the carb dry. So I added a separate run switch to the eu1000i and today to the eu2000i. The 2000 was much easier, as I was able to reach is and cut the two wires between the fuel/run switch and plug, and extend them to the new switch without taking the case apart. The switch I got at Ace Hardware is advertised at having an O-ring to keep moisture out.

BTW the switch closes to stop the generator, so I could not use the little on/off tab, as it was reversed for this application.

Chris

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021
31 REPLIES 31

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
Me Again wrote:
So oldman and driver, you would rather remove the cover and drain the gas in the carb to where?

The back of my pickup. It is less than a quarter of a cup. It isn't hard, or a big deal and evaporates very quickly. It takes less than two minutes start to finish.

Edited to add:
By draining the carb, you are going to get more gas out of your carb bowl than running it dry. THAT is why I am a fan of draining instead of running them dry, therefore why I think it isn't a big deal.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
trail-explorer wrote:
unless you go to a station that sells Ethanol Free gas.

I do, pressure washer, golf cart, chain saw and generator all get only ethanol free gas and Sta-Bil.

https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=CA
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Why do people let a generator set so long?

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
Why are people wanting to drain their carburetors?

Gas goes bad during long term storage and gunks up the carb. The problem can be worse with gas with ethanol in it, which is what almost all gas has in it now, unless you go to a station that sells Ethanol Free gas.
Bob

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
4x4ord wrote:
Why are people wanting to drain their carburetors?
If your carb has never gummed up you've been lucky.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
I've owned my eu2000i since they first came out and I have never drained the carb. Why are people wanting to drain their carburetors?

When did ethanol laced gasoline come to your area? Some of us learned the hard way.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've owned my eu2000i since they first came out and I have never drained the carb. Why are people wanting to drain their carburetors?
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Me Again wrote:
So oldman and driver, you would rather remove the cover and drain the gas in the carb to where?
A paper towel.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
ktmrfs wrote:
hutch mountain makes a nice shutoff switch similar to what the OP did that is plug and play for the 2000. BTW the new 2200i has a two position "off", on is an imediate kill like the old units, the second position shuts off fuel and lets the carb run dry.

yes, you can drain the carb by pulling the side case digging out a screwdrive and pucking gas on the ground or into a jar, but the switch is IMHO a nicer alternative.

Hutch mountain switch cost 4x as much, just saying!

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put the Hutch Mountain switch on my EU2000. Other than drilling a mounting hole in the generator case, it was plug-n-play.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
hutch mountain makes a nice shutoff switch similar to what the OP did that is plug and play for the 2000. BTW the new 2200i has a two position "off", on is an imediate kill like the old units, the second position shuts off fuel and lets the carb run dry.

yes, you can drain the carb by pulling the side case digging out a screwdrive and pucking gas on the ground or into a jar, but the switch is IMHO a nicer alternative.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
The drain screw isn't good enough?

I think it is easier to drain the bowl more completely using the drain screw also.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
The drain screw isn't good enough?

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
winniman wrote:
They don't have fuel shut off?

Yes, it is a combined fuel and ignition switch build into a single item. As other posted note, one could close the vent, however it is going to run quite a bit longer, wasting more fuel.