cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Junk Washer out Quality Washer in!

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Was tired if the Chinese Made Whirlpool not discharging all the water at the end of cycle. It would work for a while then not. Called Whirlpool thew only suggested service and was out of warranty. I decided it was not worth throwing at least $3-400 out the window to fix it especially after doing research on the net about the problem. I cleaned the filter but it was already clean.

Doing research the Bosch 500 series kept coming up highly rated. It's actually 220V 20A. My dryer is 220V and if it were a Bosch the washer would plug right into the dryer. My dryer and new washer use 26A combined so it was a no brainer to tap the dryer junction box as shown.

Oh always read directions! I did not take out the shipping bolt/plugs on the back, it was like a 7.0 earthquake with the first load. THEN I read the detections. It washes MUCH better and runs MUCH smoother than the old one!

Oh I found another POS DRV item, the dryer 4 sq metal box was NOT grounded!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD
17 REPLIES 17

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
tmartin000 wrote:
Which RV has these in them?
Hint: before asking, click on the "View Profile" link under the poster's name, on the left side of the post.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Just to recap. Washer broke, out of warranty, decided better value to replace than repair. OK, sounds like a decision people make every single day. What I don't understand is where the value is in getting a 220 volt washer? That would render it useless in almost every residential application without some rewiring and I don't believe your solution meets NEC code. Also, I don't believe it would be a practical choice for an RV since the washer would be inoperative when connected to anything other than properly phased 50 AMP Pedestals. But hey, thanks for the post, otherwise it's been a slow day at the forums.

tmartin000
Explorer
Explorer
Which RV has these in them?
2001 Lance 835. SOLD
2009 Lance 1191. SOLD
2021 Lance 1172