cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mounting pedestal chairs in slide

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
I want to remove the sofabed in our Suncruiser 35U and replace it with 2 Flexsteel barrel chairs that are on pedestals same as drivers chair. Any ideas on how to mount them? Know I can't go thru floor with bolts like the existing recliner. Would lag bolts work?
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD
7 REPLIES 7

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
In that case I would consider cutting an access hole in the top of the Storage Compartment and work through the hole! Put a hinge and hasp on the cutout .

Just throwing out ideas!

We have a table and four Dining chairs on Our Slde that seldom move in transit.
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
robatthelake wrote:
Since the Storage Bays are attached to the Slide ,would it not make sense to drill up through the top of the Compartments? You still need to have some steel reinforcement .

No, because the slide beams are between the floor and the storage compartments. There's about a six inch space . The compartments have to go under the coach floor when in, running bolts thru top of compartment would prevent slide from going in
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Since the Storage Bays are attached to the Slide ,would it not make sense to drill up through the top of the Compartments? You still need to have some steel reinforcement .
Rob & Jean

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
robatthelake wrote:
You would need to add some Steel plates below the Floor and run carriage Bolts UP through the plates and through matching holes in the Pedistal .

This could be accomplished with the Slide Extended on My Rig! As long as the Plate and Bolt Heads were kept to the minimum and don't interfere with the Slide mechanism it should be a piece do Cake.

Driving Lag Bolts in from the Top would not work for Me. Just not enough solid wood to get a secure grip!

You would also need to determine if Seat Belts could be added!

Just removed sofa, held in place with 6 self tapping lag bolts. Storage compartments come out with slide giving exceedingly limited access to underside.
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
dockmasterdave wrote:
Google Hilti togglers. They might be a good fix for this and also come in stainless.

They would require a hollow space that I don't have
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
Google Hilti togglers. They might be a good fix for this and also come in stainless.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
You would need to add some Steel plates below the Floor and run carriage Bolts UP through the plates and through matching holes in the Pedistal .

This could be accomplished with the Slide Extended on My Rig! As long as the Plate and Bolt Heads were kept to the minimum and don't interfere with the Slide mechanism it should be a piece do Cake.

Driving Lag Bolts in from the Top would not work for Me. Just not enough solid wood to get a secure grip!

You would also need to determine if Seat Belts could be added!
Rob & Jean