DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

LED FAQs

I've been looking through the forums here and trying to gather info about swapping out the lighting in my TT to LED. I've looked and numerous LED lights and don't quite get the differences. I see some with lots of very small chips and some with fewer...

Solar panel mounting on rubber roof

Would like to mount solar panels on my 08 NuWa 36 FW but just can't bring myself to punch holes in the rubber roof. Anyboby have a idea? Brackets bolted to the gutter or side of trailer maybe? Thanks Bruce

barntt by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Horn+High Beams=Better horn

I was thinking of doing a mod to my truck, but wanted to know if anyone has modded their vehicle so when the horn was pressed the horn and high beams would work at the same time. They would work like simultaneously (together). If anyone has done this...

Shower upgrade

I have a 30" corner shower in my Copper Canyon. There is space in the bathroom for a larger shower which I would dearly like to have, especially for long trips. How difficult would it be to remove the glass (plastic) walls and replace them with a m...

New graphics / decals

I’m finally about finished with my new graphics on my 1998 GeorgieBoy.Used a 3M eraser wheel on my hand drill to remove the old faded and cracked decals. Most of the decals came off with the use of the eracer wheel, but the cracked onces didn’t came ...

Extending my short queen bed

At 6'5" tall I just don't fit on the short queen beds that most RV manufacturers provide. When I purchased my trailer I knew the bed was too short. The bed is a north south bed and you can walk around it which is a feature I wanted to keep. I figured...

opnspaces by Navigator II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

A before and after picture of my 84 Camper.

Wondered across a picture of my 1984 Leisure Craft Camper the day I bought it. Just finished installing all my new marker lights, painting the stripes, frame etc. Tearing out floor and redoing, Laying tile, recovering cousins, Painting entire inter...

Rock protection

Been looking for something to protect the TT from flying rocks. There's many options but I've been waiting to find a good price on the Rock Tamers 108. Finally found some here, about $50. cheaper and free shipping.Rock TamersAny input before I orde...

bob213 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

rear end ladder

Hi everyone, I need some ideas. I want to install a ladder on the back of my cherokee 2003 25 ft. fifth wheel. It did not come with a ladder. Any suggestions as to brand,easy install etc. Thanks for the input.:)

charging toad with invisibrake brake setup

I have read several posts about having lights on in rv in order to charge toad battery .My toad charges with the lights on or off.I use 7 wire to 6 pin connector to the toad from rv. The 2 extra pins are for the hot wire from the rv battery and the i...

stanstuf by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

working on a jayco metal roof??

I am getting ready to do some maintenance to my metal roofed Jayco. I have resealed all the edges but I want to check out the fridge, vent pipe and everything else on the roof but I have to get on it to do it. Is it OK to get on the roof? The last t...

jjotmo by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

filling up some holes

When we got our trailer, it had an opening under the tv area, and under a countertop. I decided to fill them up, Put a door on the one where we keep our DVD's and CD's and a drawer with full extension slides on the other,, no more getting down on our...

daveor by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tie in power inverter?

I've read a few threads here on this subject, but never really found the answer I was looking for.I want to add a power inverter to my 2012 Jayco Octane T29A. The only real purpose is to power a TV/Sat receiver, and an outlet for a fan. I know that...

jonyb by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Change to All Electric

We are planing to turn our TT..06 Keystone Hornet 28 BHDS into a "Park Model"..Mom hates the LP..!! The oven has never been used..only use the microwave and the stove top. We are replacing the over/stove top with a Summit 120volt 2 burner electric co...