DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Sitting for almost 20 years...

So, I got a 1975 Terry 18' trailer for free. It needs work, and I am pretty handy.I plan to use it in the middle of nowhere, not at those pretty parks with hookups.I was surprised to pop the grease caps off and see nice clean good grease. That meant ...

Hybrid rebuild help

I recently purchased a 99 fleetwood prowler 721C hybrid. I discovered that the camper had severe water damage shortly after the "as is" purchase. while opening the door after it had been closed up for about a week the smell of mold when I opened the ...

jodie by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

AC Volt Meter Install

I ordered an AC volt meter like in this THREAD What kind of wire do I need to use? Does the back side of the meter need to be covered by a receptacle box?

Robby9 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Induction cook tops instead of gas

We fulltime and my wife has started using a single element induction cook top about a year ago. She absolutely loves it and I have to say, much of what she cooks seems to taste better. I'd like to remove the gas three burner and oven combination an...

hershey by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Insulating a/c

I remember a post about insulating the a/c on the roof. I can't find it in the archives. Does anybody remember if they are insulating the unit or the shroud over the unit?

Shower plastic roof crack fix?

While cleaning my roof today I noticed the beginning of a crack in the plexiglass roof dome. It doesn't go completely through yet and I'm wondering if someone has an easy fix I.e. run a bead of caulk (type?) or a small strip of Eternabond ???Any ide...

Lar_s by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

921 LED replacement bulbs

Which ones should I get? I have read for hours on beam angle, intensity, light color, etc. Should I just go with a 360 beam angle or is there one that is better and more focused? I just need cooler lighting in the 5er as it is hotter than heck here i...

Volt Meters

I bought two volt meters to install in my rig by my distribution panel. One is for AC 120V and the other for DC 12V. Got them off ebay from China. They actually got here pretty fast. About 14 days. DC MeterAC MeterUsed a Dremel to cut out two holes t...

Ginther by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Cleanup of battery box

Got tired of working around the wires when checking batts. Bought a couple of buss bars and here's the result:[IMG][IMG][IMG]On edit: I think I forgot how to post pics. I'll look for the info. I think it has to do with IMGDICK

acker1 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

fantastic fans

I am in the process of installing a new fantastic fan over the bed. Have to keep DW happy you know. it is so hot today, the putty came off without much of a hassle. used a push rod from my RC airplane supplies to fish the wires. just have to put the ...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Light fixtures.

I would like to put updated fixtures in our 2011 trailer. It has been impossible to find anything in any RV catalogues my hubby and I have. Question....can I buy a regular house fixture and rewire it? If so, how would I, better rephrase that...how wo...

loulou57 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes