DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Maxxair vs Maxxair II cover

I was going to install a couple of Maxxair covers over my vents and then saw the new larger Maxxair II cover. Should I spend the few extra bucks for the Maxxair II?

Ron3rd by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

tub enclosure

I am installing a tub enclosure on my 2001 jayco qwest. I am told that I need to remove the wall covering before I can glue the enclosure to the wall. The covering is reaaly hard to get off. is this a necessary step??

wdf by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Oxygenics shower upgrade

Hi all, I need some help installing my Oxygenics shower head.I have this a shut off valve like this"http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JFNPJE/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1And this shower wand"http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005G4EO66/r...

mbrule by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

AC air intake cover mod- help

I really hate it when I have to clean our AC air intake filters. It is such a pain to unscrew the four corner screws on our 2 ceiling mounted intake covers and then go back and reattach them. Has anyone found a way to mod the intake cover so this i...

Light fixtures

I would like to replace one of those plastic generic light fixtures with a more modern one. I would like to purchase a house fixture and have hubby,LOL, install it for me. Gotta love our men! Obviously the light is 12v or 110. Our question is..... ...

loulou57 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Best 5er for gut and rehab? Most important factors?

I am looking to buy an inexpensive (<$35k) 5th Wheel, gut it and build exactly what I want for full-time living. I've rehabbed many houses, but never an RV. (I've read the RV Consumer Group reviews, and I'm aware of which brands are top-rated.)I am m...

Window Valances

I need to re-do the valances on my window. They are pleated fabric that has deteriorated. The vertical pieces are covered and look fine. I am thinking of doing the top piece to match the walnut cabinets or cover thin plywood. Looking for ideas, anyon...

pnordan by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Coleman XLE Grill to RV LP Quick Connect

After a bunch of research and a few hours of shopping for parts I finally figured out how to replace the cheap little tin grill that came with my Flagstaff 23LB with a better Coleman XLE grill. Several discussions are posted on various RV forums that...

Jetter68 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Spices

The space below the sink which I presume was/is for spices just isn't adequate for all the spices we like. so, bought a pice of metal at the craft store and bought 10 spice tins at Fred Myer for about $1.99 each. Each one you can turn the lid for eit...

Andymon by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Residential-type turbine attic fan --> to an RV?

Anyone ever thought of, used, or has seen an RV roof vent/fan styled like the turbine attic fans you put in house attics? I was just pondering on life and such, and thought that if you could mount a suitably-sized fan on the roof, it would help exhau...

solar powered vent

Hi,I'm considering to install 2 solar powered vents to my class-b motorhome (Sprinter Van). Is this worth the effort?Smartvent 300S(880 ft³/h at best)Do you have any experience with these kind of vents?Peter

AC

2005 Cardinal, I put in a honeywell Thermostat two years ago, I went out today and turned the AC on and got Nothing, the fan will run but nothing when I turn it to Cool, no fuses are blown anywhere, anyone got a idea?

Anson by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Leaky roof fix?

I was wondering what your thoughts are on the stuff seen on tv: Flex seal.Where the metal vent for my 3 way fridge goes, there seams to be a leak there between the vent and the roof. I was thinking about getting a can of this stuff to seal the area.A...

Metal Awning Covers

Hi,Just purchased a new 5th Wheel. My old TT I traded-in had an 18' long white awning. We live in the south. It did not have a cover over the awning when rolled up and stored, therefore, every time I opened the awning for the next trip, the awning wa...