cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

One of our best and easiest mods

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
One led light strip, connected directly (with a switch) to 12v supply.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

9 REPLIES 9

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We added one over/behind the top edge of our living room/kitchen slide. We like ours too. We use 120 as there is a plug at one end of the slide and we don't need the lights on if the slide is in and we are traveling.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
We also added the leftover strip to the bedroom slide. We have a wall sconce-type light on each side of the bed, so I just tapped into there, and added a switch. Didn't have any place to hide the wire , so just used a piece of white duct tape over it, and it matches so close it can't be seen unless you are looking for it. Sorry, I am just a lot old and a bit lazy so I picked the easy way!

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I did the same thing over my slide out as well. Mines still 120V but I can plug it into my 12V inverter if needed. Came with a handy remote and about 10 color options.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
We added a white LED strip to the backside of our headboard. We can sit in bed without a glaring light in our eyes/face now.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
We did ours above the cabinets in the kitchen and living room with RG type. I also used a 12 volt buck converter to ensure a constant 12 volts.

2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
What we really like is that it is an indirect lighting, and as no heat is produced, we can leave it on when we know we will be out after dark, and don't need to worry about the lamps getting too hot. We did the bedroom slide the same way with the leftovers. We did find out that the strip has to be stuck to the wood and pointed toward the wall, rather than on the top of the slide. If on top of the slide, then the wood molding throws a shadow on the ceiling. This way, light bounces off the wall, and floods the ceiling.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Found the connection for the uninstalled power drivers seat. Already fused and available. connected with a section of very flexable used vacuum cleaner cord. Attached to bottom edge of slide with plastic cable clamp. Left enough slack for the slide to move. When parked, wire just tucks against the wall out of the way and mostly out of sight.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Nice! How did you get 12V to it?

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
Good idea and it Looks nice, You did a good job..Thanks for sharing
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game