cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside TV install

screaminjlew
Explorer
Explorer
Wanted to have a swivel mounted TV that was removable so we can watch TV while outside camping, picked this one up from New Egg TV mount and did the install, put blue painters tape on the side of the fiberglass and my trailer already had provisions for a outside grill so, I used that location. Drilled the 19/64" holes, used dicor on the 2" wood screws that came with the kit and I really like the results.
">pic 1
">pic 2

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

06 GMC Duramax Diesel 4X4 CCSB, 4 inch lift, 33" tires Magnaflow exhaust, Edge Evolution
18' Open Range OT272RLS
6 REPLIES 6

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
The reason that Most RV exteriors are White is so that You can use a Projector to watch Movies under the Stars on a Huge Screen! Well they used to be mostly white.
Think Super Bowl or for All those Hardy Canadians The Grey Cup, not to mention the Stanley Cup Finals!
Such Fun !
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

westend
Explorer
Explorer
elivi8 wrote:
Please make sure to NOT annoy other campers with this setup. Although it seems like a good idea, you may be adding to light and noise pollution to other campers.

However, enjoy your setup!
Yeah, but what about the bear, the wolf, and the cat. You would be depriving them of their TV viewing and that is cruel. :B
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

elivi8
Explorer
Explorer
Please make sure to NOT annoy other campers with this setup. Although it seems like a good idea, you may be adding to light and noise pollution to other campers.

However, enjoy your setup!
2012 F-150 EcoBoost, Max Trailer Tow
2019 Outdoors Timber Ridge 27BHS
490 Watts of Solar

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
Looks Good
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

screaminjlew
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Roy I really like your idea of a swing mount actually more then mine;)...but, I don't have a pass-through storage compartment. And I also keep it simple and just run a coaxial splitter and run a cable under the trailer

Jeff
06 GMC Duramax Diesel 4X4 CCSB, 4 inch lift, 33" tires Magnaflow exhaust, Edge Evolution
18' Open Range OT272RLS

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks good....

To keep things simple with mine I just bring along a couple of 25-foot RG cables and using a spliter I hook both up to the TV connection on the pedestal. Then I hook one up to the trailer CABLE Connection and throw the other one under the trailer.

Then when we are sitting outside I just bring out my TV from the inside which is sitting on a cabinet top and sit it on a outside table and hook it up the second 25-foot RG cable...

Then when it rains or we leave the area I just sit it inside the trailer locked door.

I always wanted to install a swing-out mount on my 5th wheel just inside the storage area...

Would look something like this...

google image

The swing-out arm would be installed on the inside storage bay wall which would allow you watch TV with it inside the storage bay or swing out like shown above. The beauty of this is if it starts raining or you walk away from the patio area you can simply swing it inside the storage area and lock the outside door...

As it turned out we never did anything with our 5th wheel and it still sits near the edge of our woods here and we use it as a second bebroom for visiting kids etc... I never had a truck big enough to tow it safely

We watch some TV in our Patio now with the OFF-ROAD POPUP trailer but one of the downsides is at popular camp ground with lots of people everyone that comes by stands in the road and watches your TV... Not that I am agin any of that it just feels strange for strangers watching your TV set and talking and all to each other what they are seeing and we are sitting there drinking a Texas long neck haha... Kinda weird sometimes...

Work great in the woods too - Gives the Squirrels something to tell their grandkids about I guess...

My other wood's friends can watch HDTV too I guess...

google image

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS