How difficult is it to remove and does it depend on manufacturer
We have an Tiffin Allegro
6 REPLIES 6

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Here's what we used:
http://amazingmagictable.com/twodesk.htm

Ours didn't have a dinette, it had table and chairs but if it was a dinette I would have taken it out and put in the desk/table setup. We use ours like the second picture works great. Table slides under the desk for travel like in the first photo.

Desk and Table are very well made.

ronfisherman
Thanks.
I did not take pictures. Except for a before picture.

But should be able to explain how I did it.
Table and chairs came from a RV surplus place in Elkhart, IN.
Cabinets on either side are 24" X 30" X 12" deep unfinished wall cabinets from Home Depot. Top is a piece of 1" X 12" X 8' Oak. Added a 1" X 3" X 8' piece to the 12" wide piece to make overall width 13 1/4" wide. The center shelf that ties the 2 cabinets together is 1" X 3" long enough to give correct spacing for table to set in. I spaced out sides of table to allow heavy duty drawer slides proper clearance. Table legs are made from a couple of stair rail spindles. Table pushes in from picture 12". There is a extension on the table that allows 4 people to set at table. Everything else is just screwing the parts together with cabinet screws.
Got the idea from pictures at Focal Wood Products. Problem was all his cabinets were 16" or deeper. I needed something close to 12". Check their site for other ideas for doing a table install.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
ronfisherman I agree, nice job.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
ronfisherman - That's beautiful! I'd love to see how you did it. Do you have pictures taken during the construction?
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

ronfisherman
Easy to Remove. Usually just a few screws. If your dinette is in a slide. There probably is not much under the seats. Here a picture of what I did to ours a few year ago.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
There isn't too much holding those dinettes together. You'll have marks and small holes in the floor where the frame used to be. Also, most dinettes have storage and/or plumbing, etc underneath. So you'll have to figure out that also.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)