cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Removing the old floor and putting in vinyl

ThisNewOldRV
Explorer
Explorer
This carpet looks tan, but the original color was silver/gray. Mr. Sunshine has done a number on it over the years. The linoleum is just darn ugly.

This is the exposed base that was under the and couch.

I installed just enough vinyl to give the slider one final test. Since I was unable to remove all the carpet under the slider, it now transitions from the edge of the vinyl onto what's left of the old carpet. I put whatever I could find laying around on top of the slider floor to add some weight as a test. I also sprayed painted the exposed carpet with some flat black paint to make less visible. Check it out:

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum limit of 640px maximum width.

6 REPLIES 6

ThisNewOldRV
Explorer
Explorer
Finally finished putting in the new vinyl flooring, but forgot take a picture, (doh!) I'll post one tomorrow. The toughest part about this was all custom fitting of the vinyl planks (6" x 48") in all the tight spots in the RV. A lot of getting up and down to make small cuts and adjustments (plus a few choice and descriptive words). I used a regular chop saw, a band saw and my old coping saw. The vinyl was supposed to be "floating", non-glue floor, but I glued it down anyway.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
Not to put pressure on you, but on TV they would have that project done in 30 minutes.

Actually they get it done in about 20 minutes, the rest of the time is ads!

Very nice job though.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice work.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

ThisNewOldRV
Explorer
Explorer
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
Not to put pressure on you, but on TV they would have that project done in 30 minutes.

Yep. You're absolutely right. I still want to buy that sheetrock mud on the DIY channgels that is totally finished in only 30 minutes!;)

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
get a japenese saw slide under the slide and cut the rest of the carpet out sliding along the floor