cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replacement wall material advise.

Usmcsousa
Explorer
Explorer
So I decided to tackle the wet spot below my bedroom window from a window being left open.
it was nearly impossible to fix the panel so I opted to remove the entire wall panel and check for any other water intrusions.
all is water tight and dry but now I have a big wall with studs and styrofoam.
I was thinking of replacing all three walls panels with a 4ft x 8ft whiteboard hard board from home depot.
it would be difficult for me to find a matching wallpaper wood panel to put up.
my concern is this hardboard is not a thin wood plywood like what was installed at factory in 95.
has anyone put up this material on their walls? Will it hold up to temperature changes and flexing like the wood panel?
I've had plenty of experience with MDF and humid areas and don't want the panels delaminating or bubbling in a year or two.
I like the idea of the gloss white walls and easy clean.
Home is where the Marine Corps sends me.
5 REPLIES 5

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
take the DW to the store ,she picks the color, that way your just the free labor.

Usmcsousa
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
you,ve gone this far, redo all the walls with a very nice wood or something the wife likes.

going to start with the bedroom for now, make sure my loss is minimal if we need to replace it with something else if DW hates it..
she's given me guidance on decor , she wants light and bright that's easy to clean. Which of course in my many mind, whiteboard material screams easy clean. Can't say I sold her on the idea,
will most likely get the Luan ply and get it primed an ready. That way we can save a dedicated color choice for once we've decided on upholstery color for my DIY dinette and window covers.
Home is where the Marine Corps sends me.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
you,ve gone this far, redo all the walls with a very nice wood or something the wife likes.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
FRP wallboard is available at the big box stores. It comes in gloss white, either textured or smooth.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
1/8 Luna plywood is what was originally used. Install new Luna and then prime and paint the walls. Works great, lasts a long time.