Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rockwood 2604WS question

Jim_Vicki
Explorer
Explorer
Hello forum,
We just made the move from a Rockwood Hybrid to the 2604WS and while there are aspects of the Hybrid that we miss,we are loving the new one. We do have a question for others that have the counter extension.

(1) Any idea why it is not a fold out or why I shouldn't turn it into one?

(2) If it stays the way that it comes, where do you store it?

Thanks
Jim & Vicki
2018 Rockwood Ultra light 2604WS
2017 Ford F-150 XLT
Ecoboost
9 REPLIES 9

Jim_Vicki
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your help Barney.

Safe Travels
2017 Ford F-150 XLT
Ecoboost

Jim_Vicki
Explorer
Explorer
Well my DA can't get the 2nd pic. to load so here it is

Click For Full-Size Image.
2017 Ford F-150 XLT
Ecoboost

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
To post photos in your thread click here.

1. Upload your pictures, one at a time, to the app.

2. Copy the resulting URL.

3. Paste that URL into your post without making ANY changes. Do NOT add anything or delete anything. Your pictures will then appear in the thread and be properly sized for use on our forums.

Nice thread by the way. Hope your mod works out well for you.
Welcome to the forums!
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Jim_Vicki
Explorer
Explorer
Well guys I finally got it done and it works pretty darn well. My DW made the strap to keep it from bouncing around while we're traveling. I added the foam block under it to take some weight off while traveling

Click For Full-Size Image.
[img] Click For Full-
2017 Ford F-150 XLT
Ecoboost

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our counter extension on our Rockwood 3001W stores nicely under the sofa. We don't use it a lot, maybe 2-3 times a year. Comes in handy when we need it though.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Jim_Vicki
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. I think that I'm going to give it a shot and add some hinges so it will hang down when not needed and flip up as needed. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Safe travels to all
2017 Ford F-150 XLT
Ecoboost

przao
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 8288SS with a counter extension with tabs that fit into slots on the main counter. Unfortunately having the extension makes it impossible to put out out the sleeper sofa, but of more annoyance is that the counter extension is over the bank of drawers for your utensils. Essentially with the counter extension in place you need to stoop under the extension to get to the drawers. As a consequence I hardly used the extension because it was more of a bother than it was useful. Recently I decided to remove the mounting tabs and replace them with hinges. Then I mounted the extension onto another side of the main counter so it now swings up to mount, and swings down to store. In the store position it is out of the way of the slide and another benefit is that I need not find a place to store it (formerly stuck it under the sofa). Take home lesson for me was to look at the interior of the rig and assess what I would do if I were to redesign the layout. In my case, the manufacturer did a great job of making the interior look good at the expense of function.
PZ

jweb98
Explorer
Explorer
We sold ours at an auction. To heavy to deal with and like you said where do you store it? We full time and with the sink covers we have enough counter space.
Jim
Arizona and Texas
2014 Silverado
2016 Rockwood 2604ws

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
I have a different Rockwood (2703) and it has the countertop extension. I don't have any idea why you couldn't turn it into a foldout on yours, but on mine, I doubt it would work. Slide is too close to counter when pulled in. I think I will try it though; good idea there and it might work.

When I'm not using the extension, it hides behind, or next to, my sofa. There is enough room either way. (only need a few inches)