cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Torklift Box Installation

tnscoutr
Explorer
Explorer
I finally wrapped up the installation of the Torklift A7710R battery box on the new trailer. It fits perfectly between the cabin and the lp tanks, and the colors of the box blends perfectly. The box is shipped with self-drilling fasteners and bolts/nuts for attachment to the trailer frame. It also comes with a panel to separate the battery from the rest of the box, and straps for securing the batteries.

This photo shows how I used (4) self-drilling fasteners on each side to attach the box to the frame. It also shows the partition panels.

This photo shows how the diamond plate panels are riveted to the black frame.

This photo shows the battery cut-off switch mounted. I wanted to mount it on the back of the box, but space was too tight for my arm.

It seems to be a well made box, but it's main function is as a battery box. By that, I mean that it is not a weather tight box. Some things that I did not think of at first that caused delays due to runs to the hardware store was bolts to mount the switch, and longer cables to run from the trailer to the new battery position in the box. Overall, I am happy with it. I have the battery locked up and some extra room to store the hitch bars and head.

Ken
06 Ford F250 Lariat Crewcab Powerstroke
2015 Keystone Hideout 30RKDS
9 REPLIES 9

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
Really nice you have extra room for the hitch and bars! As small as my trailer is I had to make other arrangements for my bars as you can see in my pics. Nice install I know you will be happy with it I love mine.
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

tnscoutr
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a photo showing the hitch bars and hitch head barely fitting in the box.

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a few pics of my install a little different just a different idea in case someone else wants to do this. Mine did not come with the panels to separate the batteries. I used a couple pieces of 2x4 to keep them separate. I had enough room for two batteries and the switch but not much else seems your box is quite a bit larger then the one I bought.

Battery box install pics
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

tnscoutr
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, forgot to mention that it does come with a mat.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine did not come with a mat for the bottom. Mine is one of the early models so perhaps they made a design improvement and started including the mats. It is also one piece and not a black frame with riveted side pieces like the newer ones.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
When I ordered my torklift box it came with a mat for the bottom. Maybe not as good as What Barney suggested. Just wonder why yours did not come with the mat?
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I lined the bottom of my battery box with these Battery Mats. They absorb any spilled battery acid and neutralize it.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great job - I am planning something the same here for my OFF-ROAD POPUP trailer new batteries sitting on top of the trailer frame between the PROPANE TANKS and the trailer front deck.

About the only thing different I will do here is use round head STOVE TYPE BOLTS to go through the trailer frame from the bottom and have the bolts and washers inside the the bottom of the metal box. The round heads would be more difficult from cutting off and losing the whole battery box with the batteries and things inside the metal box

I will have wood strips on the inside floor of the box for the batteries to sit on anyway allowing for draining of battery fluids if they ever boil out on me.

I too am planning on storing some outside items along with just two 150AH Trojan T1275s batteries. The charging fumes will eat up almost anything metal left inside the box. The compartment wall is a great idea.

I was never happy with the torklift method of locking the sliding top. A hole for a PAD LOCK could very easily be cut for gaining entrance. Maybe one of the solid key type locks. I really prefer the side mounted twist level locking latch but you sure can't go wrong with the TORKLIFT price. I'm sure I will mod it like I want when I get one...

I have made it safe all these years with the batteries sitting in their plastic holders with lids and probably when I really make one safer against from thief they will steal my whole off-road POPUP trailer hehe...

Again nice job...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, Torklift make a good box, don't they. The guy that designed the sliding lid should get a Nobel.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton