cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1974 32' Holiday Rambler goose neck weight concerns

wshirsch
Explorer
Explorer
I am the new owner of a 1974 32' Holiday Rambler goose neck in pretty good shape other than much of the interior is been removed. I was given the appliances. My plan is to change it in to a Toy hauler and portable workshop with a bedroom swt and smaller kitchen. I would love to find the weight capacity for the axles and also get a spare rib or two for it for my long trips. I bought new E rated tires for it and I am aware the brakes are new. I need to replace the electrical connection, propane tanks and batteries. I am a general handyman and looking forward to making this a useful trailer for us. Anyone out there know where I can get weight for this Alum-lite frame, electrical diagram for this fifth estate, a spare rim for it?
2 REPLIES 2

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
X2. The way campers are engineered don't allow much for structural modifications without re-engineering the whole trailer. The above advice is probable good advice.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome, Sadly I would have serious doubts that the frame is strong enough to handle any toys. Axle ratings there should be a metal tag on each axle giving mfg and weight rating. How are you going to reinforce the rear of the side walls if you remove the back wall? These things are built on purpose to have one wall support the other, and the roof holding everything together. Even if you were to safely reinforce the side walls and cut the back open for a loading ramp, anything you place back there is going to unload the pin, possibly to the point of making the whole thing unsafe to tow. You would be far better off returning it to a living RV and either tow it happy or sell it and buy a dedicated tow hauler.