Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016-17 Cedar Creek RE

tamischmidt
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks,
We are considering buying a CC Rear Entertainment, 34RE. They have the most unique layout we've ever seen, with the L-shaped sofa. We've been Carriage owners and are spoiled with the quality and class of the older Cameo. We've been researching fivers for 2 years bc we want to have a newer unit and the CC 34RE is what we keep coming back to.
Has anyone had experience with these units or owned one? Does anyone know where we could actually se the new color schemes in rhe 2017 units? The manufacturer only has pics bc they are going out faster than they can make them.
Thanks!
Tami
18 REPLIES 18

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Splashers3 wrote:
I too am very much interested in making my NEXT CC the 34RE...although, I am hoping to get a few more years our of my 7 year old model, which has been great up until recently - but read the rest of the story....

First of all - check with the Cedar Creek RV Owners Club website...I think you can check it out with joining the club...you may not be able to post. You will find many folks that have owned more than 2 CCs.

I can't imagine a manufacturer giving better service that CC. We just came back from the factory because we had a major weld failure in which our front cap ended up sitting on our Trailair kingpin for about 800 miles on our way home from Canada. Called CC customer service, spoke with Denise Davis - and everything was taken care of as it was a known problem with some wide bodies trailers, which ours is. They even came to MD to pick it up and take it back to Topeka, IN. They had LCI fix the welding, they replaced our damaged closet, gave us a new cap, and Trailair king pin hitch (didn't really need once). They did several other repairs and considered it all warranty work! They would have covered shipping it back, but wife & I wanted to visit the factory. They could have charged us for some of their fixes, but didn't.

Denise and her crew were FANTASTIC and very professional. They had it for about 1 month, and she gave us weekly updates as to the progress. It's better than when it was new!

We are Creekers for Life.

Good luck with your decision...but I know what I'd suggest.

Mike

That is great service. What happens if one is thousands of miles from the factory? We had a Cardinal for years and they had similar good service. Problems vs good service as a narrow street to walk, with good initial design and construction the preferred object. But things happen.

Regarding the fading caps, we saw new units last winter in Arizona already showing signs of fading. Down side of a painted front cap is rock chips, which I am already seeing a few small ones on the new 2017 trailer we brought that has a white with painted greys.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

tamischmidt
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing your experiences. You've made us feel more confident in our purchase.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Like Donn, we've had our CC for 11 years as well w/o any major hiccups.CC did replace the axles due to vendor problem and they also sent new tires and rims which I wasn't expecting. Unit has been flawless and we are considering upgrading to a newer Creek cuz current one has served us well but kids are grown and BH doesn't fit our needs going forward. Getting a good bang for the buck.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
I too am very much interested in making my NEXT CC the 34RE...although, I am hoping to get a few more years our of my 7 year old model, which has been great up until recently - but read the rest of the story....

First of all - check with the Cedar Creek RV Owners Club website...I think you can check it out with joining the club...you may not be able to post. You will find many folks that have owned more than 2 CCs.

I can't imagine a manufacturer giving better service that CC. We just came back from the factory because we had a major weld failure in which our front cap ended up sitting on our Trailair kingpin for about 800 miles on our way home from Canada. Called CC customer service, spoke with Denise Davis - and everything was taken care of as it was a known problem with some wide bodies trailers, which ours is. They even came to MD to pick it up and take it back to Topeka, IN. They had LCI fix the welding, they replaced our damaged closet, gave us a new cap, and Trailair king pin hitch (didn't really need once). They did several other repairs and considered it all warranty work! They would have covered shipping it back, but wife & I wanted to visit the factory. They could have charged us for some of their fixes, but didn't.

Denise and her crew were FANTASTIC and very professional. They had it for about 1 month, and she gave us weekly updates as to the progress. It's better than when it was new!

We are Creekers for Life.

Good luck with your decision...but I know what I'd suggest.

Mike
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

wls wrote:
I own a CC, not just say this because of that, but I heard a couple other mgr's had some fading cap issues also

Every manufacturer that uses color infused gelcoat has fading issues... No matter how high of a price they carry . . . By no means is it only a CC issue... My last fiver ( KZ ) had it... I see a ton of trailers, and fivers that just look bad with the top fade...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
I also beleive the new Cedar creeks come with a painted front and rear cap.
Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2022 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 all Ford F350's)

wls
Explorer
Explorer
I own a CC, not just say this because of that, but I heard a couple other mgr's had some fading cap issues also

tamischmidt
Explorer
Explorer
tko...as far as the creekers club, do you mean the cc rv forum?
thanks!

tamischmidt wrote:
Hi Ford Truck guy. We're getting close to sealing the deal on a CC. Can you tell me the reasons why you decided not to purchase one?
Thanks!

There were a couple , all minor and at the end of the journey, we ended up liking our present fifth wheel just that much better....
We really did not dislike too much , just e few things that rubbed me the wrong way is all.
I believe you won't go wrong with a CC , almost everyone on here loves theirs , and I am sure we would have loved it also.
I did not like that the customer service rep told me that GY de rated thier G614;s when. I called and asked if they were an option... I did not like the front caps that fade pretty badly unless they have full body paint... My neighbor has a 2015 and it is starting to fade at the very top... Other than that, he loves it...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

tamischmidt
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Ford Truck guy. We're getting close to sealing the deal on a CC. Can you tell me the reasons why you decided not to purchase one?
Thanks!

tamischmidt
Explorer
Explorer
Hi jrs, What are the avantages of dual pane windows?
Thanks!

CC was also on our short list... (The RL Version).. We did not go with the CC for several reasons , 1 being that the CC still uses color infused Gel Coated caps, NOT PAINT... unless you get the full body paint edition . I saw a couple of CC'swith fading front caps, including my neighbors.. .Forest River also told me that GY de rated the G614 tires , that's why they use the Chinese tires. ??

Anyway , we decided to look at other Fivers... BUT I hear the CC has great customer service , and the owners are very happy !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
tamischmidt wrote:
Hi folks,
We are considering buying a CC Rear Entertainment, 34RE. They have the most unique layout we've ever seen, with the L-shaped sofa. We've been Carriage owners and are spoiled with the quality and class of the older Cameo. We've been researching fivers for 2 years bc we want to have a newer unit and the CC 34RE is what we keep coming back to.
Has anyone had experience with these units or owned one? Does anyone know where we could actually se the new color schemes in rhe 2017 units? The manufacturer only has pics bc they are going out faster than they can make them.
Thanks!
Tami

Still not a comfortable way for two people to watch TV. I will still take a RL floor plan with theater seating directly across from the TV.

CC was on our short list, however we did not like the western look of the two tone wood, plank flooing look and the Westlake tires.

So we bought a 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
tko9900 wrote:
When I called for a new wheel skirt I was told I had to order it through a dealer.

Wow! We suffered a blow-out on the way down to Florida two years ago and CC not only delivered fender skirt, j-steel, slide parts and gaskets right to our site in about a week but as I remember it they sold everything to me at dealer cost! Our daydreamer is going on 10 years old and as donn0128 says it's been "bullet-proof" and in my opinion CC's after-the-sale customer service is the best in the industry! Do yourself a solid and join the "creekers" club.

Red Green: "Vegetarian" is an old Indian word meaning "I don't hunt so good."
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blücher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...