cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2017 Keystone Cougar 336BHS plumbing problems

53_willys
Explorer
Explorer
My son in law and daughter just bought a new Cougar 5th wheel with the out side Kitchen . The problem is the sink in the out side kitchen does not drain to a gray tank as best as we can figure it it plumbed straight to the dump hookup on the drivers side of the trailer. The sink backs up after washing your hands two or 3 times , but it does not register on the tank level panel. My son in law put a five gallon bucket under the dump and drained the water out the sink emptyed and he only wound up with 3 1/2" of water in a five gallon bucket. We've never heard of a sink not plumbed to a gray tank . WTF have any of you experienced this problem and if so what was the remedy?
8 REPLIES 8

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
53 willys wrote:
Well guys live and learn Keystone with this model trailer doesn't plumb it to a gray water tank , the dealer told my son in law to use a bucket or small portable gray water tank to drain into. It's only plumbed across to the other side of the trailer to a dump connection. Can you believe that ? I don't know if you all think this way but when I buy a RV I assume that the sink would drain into a holding tank. My son in law is a little upset with Keystone as he should be .

Most outside sinks are not plumbed into the tank. Typically there is not adequate fall/access to properly plumb into grey tank.
As you are learning do not assume they are plumbed into a grey tank.
My observation has been most are not connected to the grey tank
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

53_willys
Explorer
Explorer
Well guys live and learn Keystone with this model trailer doesn't plumb it to a gray water tank , the dealer told my son in law to use a bucket or small portable gray water tank to drain into. It's only plumbed across to the other side of the trailer to a dump connection. Can you believe that ? I don't know if you all think this way but when I buy a RV I assume that the sink would drain into a holding tank. My son in law is a little upset with Keystone as he should be .

NWKomfort350
Explorer
Explorer
I have had 2 outside kitchens and neither drained to a tank.
They both have had spots to hook up a hose directly under sink.
Where the other end of the hose goes is up to the user.
I very rarely have ever used the outside sink.
Chris & Stephanie
2 kids - 1 boy / 1 girl
Winston (boxer)
2016 Open Range Roamer 367BHS
13 F350 6.7 CREW LONG BED SRW
B & W Patriot

02 F350 7.3 SC LB SRW - SOLD
2014 Keystone Cougar 281BHS - SOLD

53_willys
Explorer
Explorer
Campinfan wrote:
On my Cougar 330RBK, the handle to open/close the gray tank for the sinks (indoor and outdoor) are behind the axle, sort of hard to see. Maybe the handle is open. If it is not that, take it to the dealer and see what is wrong. Keep us posted...it helps all of us learn for situations down the road. If it happens to you, it is bound to happen to someone else too.

Thank you we will check

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
On my Cougar 330RBK, the handle to open/close the gray tank for the sinks (indoor and outdoor) are behind the axle, sort of hard to see. Maybe the handle is open. If it is not that, take it to the dealer and see what is wrong. Keep us posted...it helps all of us learn for situations down the road. If it happens to you, it is bound to happen to someone else too.

evanrem
Explorer II
Explorer II
My outdoor kitchen has its own grey tank also. Minus trips of long boon docking I would rather have it drain into the black tank as it never gets very full.

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
Just a though but my last TT with an outdoor kitchen shared a separate gray water tank with the island kitchen sink. It may just be full.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
2017 prob under warranty. Take it to the dealer.