cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2017 Keystone Sprinter 298FWRLS

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
We have an option on this 5th wheel. Are there any owners on the forums that own this model and what are your good bad ugly points? We're looking for RL, the three slides and nothing bigger. It's not perfect for us but close.
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!
6 REPLIES 6

Glen_Y
Explorer
Explorer
we have a 2016 269 5th wheel only problem we have had was the furnace quit working and that was not Keystones fault
2005 Dodge 3500 long bed 5.9 ctd
2016 Sprinter 269 FWRLS
Glen & Penny

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
I don't expect things to be perfect but that tire issue is scarey!
F250 Diesel Lariat

IHnutz
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a 2016 269fwrls, smaller than yours but similar. Some of the issues we had from the factory with the Sprinter were:

(1) scratches in the "glazing" on the back of the glass panels in the cabinet doors.

(2) the latches on the cabinet doors, closet doors and dresser drawers are miss-adjusted or improperly installed allowing the doors and drawers to open while going down the road.

(3) the tension on the arms of the awning was not adjusted properly allowing the awning to drop to the lower position when extended.

(4) the right rear tire had a "plug" in it from where a screw was apparently picked up at the factory and rather than replace the tire, it was "plugged" and sent on its way.

Other than the tire issue nothing was serious and the dealer gave us a new tire and repaired or replaced everything except the drawer latches (I am still adjusting them myself). Over all we are very happy with the Sprinter and would recommend the brand. I would suggest however, that you go over the unit "with a fine toothed comb" and request they correct any deficiencies you find. It is a shame that workmanship and quality control has taken a back seat to profit but that is the world we live in today.

Our dealer participates in the "Warranty for Life" program and I would recommend you ask for and take advantage of that program if it is available.

Good luck and enjoy your new fifth wheel!
2016 Sprinter 269FWRLS 33' 5th-wheel
2008 Ford F350 Lariat Crew-Cab
1954 IH R-112
1955 IH R132
1965 IH D1100
1954 IH Farmall Super M
Amateur "General Class" WD9GLK

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
Good to know. Thanks! I think we've moved on to some in the premium level to look at now. It's what we can tow. I always wonder why the dealers don't fix some of these things. I saw some Montana's this weekend also that had some trim off. The sales person said he had it on the list of things to fix.
F250 Diesel Lariat

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
We drove 2 and a 1/2 hours yesterday to go the only Keystone dealer in the area with the Mintana we wanted to look at. While we were there we decided to look around. The Sprinters were on average $25k cheaper than the Montanas and you could tell why. They were very cheaply made and that was after we went through the Montana line and just about every trailer had cabinet doors falling off the hinges.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
Not a 5er but we owned a Sprinter for 10 years. It was an 05 and we sold it to get our new 5er. That trailer held up extremely well over the 10 years of abuse we put it through. It was in good enough shape we sold it to my aunt and uncle to haul their grand kids around to rodeos and fairs.

It was a no frills trailer compaired to our 5er. Not too many extras but well built

Chris
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR