cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

31bh mountaineer replace for rear kitchen smaller trailer

sideswipe
Explorer
Explorer
Just me and the wife now we want a smaller unit with rear kitchen don't need a super fancy luxury unit. I have not looked for a new unit in over 7 years what would you guys suggest for warranty service issues and quality concerns. I tow with 7.3 powerstroke.
5 REPLIES 5

sideswipe
Explorer
Explorer
A 31bh mountaineer is 33'. I just want smaller no kids all grown up don't need bunk house. Plus a lighter trailer will give me better gas mileage when I drop 2k of weight. Plus what things should I not get that has a tendencies for breaking down. We are just wanting necessatties for camping. We don't want a show piece.

jalichty
Explorer
Explorer
You didn't say how big your current FW is or how short you feel you want to go. Jayco sells a rear kitchen that is around 26' overall, has a 23.5 in the model name. Also, they sell a little larger, and more expensive Eagle that has a rear kitchen configuration. You might take a look at these on-line and at RV Direct to try and get some pricing ideas. RV Wholesalers also has a bunch of FWs to look at and they have pricing on-line as well. That would give you an idea of what prices you can try to negotiate with your local dealers.
John A. Lichty

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
We went from a 36' three slides to a 30' two slide rear kitchen Wildcat by Forest River. Spent our first winter in it and we had lots of room/space and it was a breeze to tow. Dw loves the large rear kitchen.
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

oldbiker7
Explorer
Explorer
The Arctic Fox (Northwood) 27-5L is less than 29'. We dropped 6' from our previous FW and are very happy with this unit. They seem to be very well built but they are heavy. http://www.northwoodmfg.com/ & http://www.afnash.com/forum.php will provide info.
2013 GMC 3500 Duramax CCSB 4x4, 19.5 wheels/tires, Hellwig anti-sway bar, airbags, Torklift Stableloads
2013 Arctic Fox 811

J2
Explorer
Explorer
look at the 295 RKD Mountaineer 34' 2"