Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Rear door frame separating from walls

Hello, it's been a while since I have visited this forum. Need help with a rear ramp door frame that is separating from the walls. 2004 rampage 28' fifth wheel. Has anyone had a problem with the rear door coming loose on your trailer. I can see the f...

Exracer2 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

How level when towing

I'm looking at a new 5th wheel to replace my current trailer. I did some frame work on my current trailer and got it perfectly level when hooked to my truck.This is a 30 ft. trailer I'm looking at, and when measured from ground to frame, there is a ...

dryfly by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Fifth wheel jack

What to use to connect rod that drives non motorized Jack to motor. Don't know what original part was. Less than 1/4 " clearance.On a long trip and stuckHelp

Refueling

Background - used to have a dually with a diesel transfer tank and now own a gas HD truck. I don't want another transfer tank and not not sure how to refuel now that I can't go through the truck stop diesel lanes. I know my new truck w/ my 5've can't...

rmalik1 by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Single axle a SUV?

Hi, My wife and I were looking to downgrade our 27 RLS trailer to a single axle toy hauler and possibly pulled by a SUV. Bicycles or a canoe would be the largest thing hauled for short weekend getaways. Any opinions on these small toy haulers?How d...

Having problems posting?

Toy Hauler Members, as you may have noticed the RV.net portal is having some issues. In the mean time it's been reported that the forums.motorhome.com appears to be functioning as normal. Your same username & password will work with that portal.

Y-Guy by Moderator
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about Cameras

Greetings,I'm in the research phase of joining the RV community (still some years away) but I'm looking at optionsI've seen a demo of a GMC Denali 3500 Dually with its many cameras and trailer see through, but I'm looking more for real world informat...

New Jayco Pinnacle

Maybe this should have been on the towing forum but wasn’t sure. My wife has fallen in love with this Front Living Jayco Pinnacle But I’m a little worried about the weight. UVW is about 14,400 and Pin weight is around 3000. I have a 2017 F-350 SB wit...

wingcat by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Samson Tires

We just bought a used Grand Design Solitude 5er (369RL) that has Samson tires on it. The original owner pulled the trailer from the dealer's lot to a place on a lake nearby. It remained there until we bought it and the tires were kept out of the sun....

Fridge Repair

Friend of mine took his fifth wheel in to get the fridge repaired, it was not working on either gas or electric. He thought he was headed for a new fridge. I turned out all it needed they told him was a cleaning. What needs to be cleaned to make a fr...

F450 vs 350/3500

Shopping for new tow vehicle. Bought a bigger 5th wheel ( 2013 Redwood 38BR ). The current Ram 2500 diesel srw will get it there but is pretty maxed out.The ratings of the dually 350/3500's certainly meet the requirements on paper. Like what I'm r...

Would you pay a welder to reinforce your 5th?

I'm considering paying a RV industry welder to add gussets /reinforce the welds in the under deck / pin box area. A warranty repair for a crack under the bedroom slide was just completed. As part of repair, the under deck flex was measured @ 1/2" on ...