cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5th wheel hitch questions?

Our_Place
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in the market for a better hitch than the older Reese 16k I have now. Found a couple of great deals on some new style/used hitches. Located a Pullrite 16k 1900 series for $200 bucks and only used a few times. Also found a Reese Titan R16 for $375 used a few times and it has the slide unit under it. I really like some of the features of the Reese Titan hitch. Anybody using the Reese R16 hitch? Any issues with it? How about the Pullrite, is that a good hitch? All I have ever owned is Reese in the past.
2008 Silverado 3500HD crew cab 4x4 SRW Duramax Allison 6 speed
2014 Cougar 327 RES "Campy"
10 REPLIES 10

Road_Runners
Explorer
Explorer
avvidclif1 wrote:
Good show. Ask about 2 specific hitches and get recommendations for something else.

The 1900 is something new, but looking at the 1900 manual it has the same plate and hitch mechanism as the all the pullrites and the frame is similar. I would not hesitate to purchase a 1900 knowing how sturdy and reliable the pullrite hitches are.
'05' F-250 Power Stroke
'00' 30' Cameo Fifth Wheel

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
Good show. Ask about 2 specific hitches and get recommendations for something else.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
I own the Pullrite Superglide and echo the other Pullrite owners, they are excellant hitches. The only knock on them is that they are heavy, well DUH, I want a heavy well made hitch that will hold up for years, weather you need the auto slide or not is secondary, if you have a short bed consider it insurance, you may never need it but it is there!

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Not sure what the Pullrite 1900 series is, but I really liked my Pullrite Super 5th. Would have bought a Pullrite for my current truck but they did not have one to fit the Ford puck system at that time.

ckwizard777
Explorer
Explorer
Love my Pullrite Super Fifth 16k
No slop at all in the jaws, easy to use and built tough.
Ken & Deb
2008 Montana 3400
2007 Chevy 3500HD CC,LB Dually 8.1

Road_Runners
Explorer
Explorer
I have used my pullrite super 5th 16K hitch for 18 years. I used it on my first truck and switched it my second truck. It has pulled my fivers over 250,000 miles and never once let me down. Never had a problem with high hitches. In my opinion a Pullrite hitch is a first class, safe fifth heel hitch.
'05' F-250 Power Stroke
'00' 30' Cameo Fifth Wheel

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
Eric, I doubt that you need a slider hitch, due to your GM truck, and the newer rounded front of your FW. GMs have the most distance from cab to axle, with the standard bed.

I would suggest the B&W Patriot hitch. It is not expensive, but is a very solid, user friendly hitch.

Jerry

x2

Our_Place
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
Eric, I doubt that you need a slider hitch, due to your GM truck, and the newer rounded front of your FW. GMs have the most distance from cab to axle, with the standard bed.

I would suggest the B&W Patriot hitch. It is not expensive, but is a very solid, user friendly hitch.

Jerry

I don't need the slider unit for sure but the price is right for a sliding hitch. I thought about just removing the top section and swapping it with my top unit and selling my old hitch with the slider to recoup some money.
2008 Silverado 3500HD crew cab 4x4 SRW Duramax Allison 6 speed
2014 Cougar 327 RES "Campy"

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II

Jerry

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Our Place wrote:
I'm in the market for a better hitch than the older Reese 16k I have now. Found a couple of great deals on some new style/used hitches. Located a Pullrite 16k 1900 series for $200 bucks and only used a few times. Also found a Reese Titan R16 for $375 used a few times and it has the slide unit under it. I really like some of the features of the Reese Titan hitch. Anybody using the Reese R16 hitch? Any issues with it? How about the Pullrite, is that a good hitch? All I have ever owned is Reese in the past.

If you're willing to spend a bit more, look for a B&W Companion. Great hitches and a great company to stand behind them. There are several variations, from the original Companion that uses their Turnover Ball gooseneck base, to ones that use universal rails, a slider and models that use the newer OEM hitch prep packages available from GM, Ford and Ram.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member