Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air-conditioning

frank-2
Explorer
Explorer
Air-conditioning

I hope this is not a stupid question but I'm wondering if there's any way at all to quiet the air-conditioners in fifth wheel we have one in the bedroom and one in the living room this this is our first trailer we have ever owned that has two and the one in the bedroom really really noisy when you are trying to sleep
I'm just wondering thanks for any help
12 REPLIES 12

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
In Australia Dometic makes a inverter airconditinor now I think it is caled a Hariet or something like that.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
mudmaker wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
If you are thinking about trading go try some of the new ones with the A/C on. The difference in noise between our new Cedar Creek and our 2011 Big Country is amazing..No longer do we have to turn the Television way up whenever the air comes on. Never had any idea there could be this much difference..

B.O.

X2
Went from a 2013 Big Country to our new Venom and the difference is amazing. Old ones were Norcold and new camper has Coleman ac's that are off ducted to the sides of the ceiling so the noise is cut way down. And the air flow is much better too. I can actually feel a breeze when they are on.

The 2017 models are ducted differently.
The new models now have quiet AC, much like the central AC in a house.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

mudmaker
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
If you are thinking about trading go try some of the new ones with the A/C on. The difference in noise between our new Cedar Creek and our 2011 Big Country is amazing..No longer do we have to turn the Television way up whenever the air comes on. Never had any idea there could be this much difference..

B.O.

X2
Went from a 2013 Big Country to our new Venom and the difference is amazing. Old ones were Norcold and new camper has Coleman ac's that are off ducted to the sides of the ceiling so the noise is cut way down. And the air flow is much better too. I can actually feel a breeze when they are on.
Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, Kirsten and fur kids Dexter and Bernie
2017 KZ Venom 4114TK Toy Hauler
2015 GMC Acadia
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
11 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax

frank-2
Explorer
Explorer
I just want to thank everyone for the reply they have been very helpful I think we all agree the bedroom off at night once again thank you

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
My unit only has the ducted A/C in the livingroom. It makes a lot less noise now that I pulled all the vents and sealed the ductwork. Whoever taped it up at the factory must have come back from a two-joint coffee break right before they started.
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
If your ceiling vents cannot be closed, replace with ones that do. At night close the vents in the LR and run that AC unit. Reverse during the day if one unit is enough.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I would cool the RV off with both ACs, then run the one in the area where we were not. bedroom during day, living room at night.
bumpy

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
frank-2 wrote:
Air-conditioning

I hope this is not a stupid question but I'm wondering if there's any way at all to quiet the air-conditioners in fifth wheel we have one in the bedroom and one in the living room this this is our first trailer we have ever owned that has two and the one in the bedroom really really noisy when you are trying to sleep
I'm just wondering thanks for any help

Our 1 unit is very noisy when on "quick cool", but not bad when ducted. As others have said, run the main A/C at night, then use a fan to push the air up into the BR area. Helps to leave the top vent open a crack, too.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
there all loud ,same thing with us it comes on sounds like a freight train. We have other unit running and point fan into our room ,works good

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Crodad wrote:
In most Rv's the AC's are ducted together.

And even if they aren't, you can run the other one and set a small fan on the floor pointed into the bedroom.......assuming that you can leave the door open.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Crodad
Explorer
Explorer
In most Rv's the AC's are ducted together. If you don't want the noise in Bedroom when you're sleeping. Turn the unit in the bedroom off and run the one in the living room.

personally, We set the bedroom AC fan to run continuously. We need the noise to sleep.
2015 F-250 PSD 4x4 XLT
2016 Silverback 31RK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARCOFLIDLAMSMTNVNMTNTXUTWYsm.jpg